Hoping that no news is good news..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hoping that no news is good news..... Hoping that no news is good news.....

Unread 10-24-2002, 09:36 PM
Hoping that no news is good news.....

Hi everybody,

I guess I haven't been posting on this board lately. Just the pre-op and then post-op after my LAVH 2 weeks ago. Tomorrow I go in for my 2 week check.

The gyn told my husband that there were no "surprises" other than I had a small "benign" cyst on one ovary. He just removed the cyst and left me both of my ovaries. It makes me wonder how he can be so sure that it was benign.

I haven't even seen my gyn since the surgery. I saw two of his associates while in the castle. I'm pretty sure they send anything they take out of your body in to pathology, right? And I'm guessing that since I haven't heard a word from him, that everything's fine. I would still like a copy of my pathology report, and even an operative report. Do I just ask him tomorrow about it? He said at my pre-op visit that he was going to take pictures, hmm, I wonder if he did, and do I want to see them??

Oh well, I'll let ya know what I find out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2002, 10:10 PM

Hi Weekycat,

I want to wish you luck at your dr's appointment. Yes, I believe everything goes to pathology and you should ask for a copy of the reports at the appointment.

Sending lots of 's your way. Take good care of yourself!
Unread 10-25-2002, 06:07 AM
Path reports

Yes you need to ask for your path reports, and if you don't understand them you need the doctor to go over them with you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2002, 06:44 AM

s Jean

It's great to hear from you! Finally those two big surgeries are behind you.
Best wishes for a great post op checkup. Then you can just relax, finish recuperating and enjoy a wonderful holiday season.

karenann

PS: How is your sister doing? You had posted awhile ago about all of her struggles.
Unread 10-25-2002, 08:09 PM
Yup, it was good news!

Hi everyone,

Just came from my appt! He gave me a clean bill of health, and cleared me to do pretty much whatever I want after just 2 weeks! (Except intercourse of course). Although he did say I should come back in 2 weeks and it would be "okay" if my dh and I wanted to "do it" before I see him again. He then said "well, maybe not RIGHT before". I guess he didn't want us having sex on the elevator.
I even asked about the dreaded vacuuming, he said that was fine, he added that without an abdominal incision, there really isn't much damage I can do. So I guess my days of being a are numbered. He did caution me against lifting anything "really heavy" though. He told me that if I worked outside the home, (I don't), that he would clear me to go back prt time at this point.

Anyway, I shouldn't need any further treatment of any kind, and I got a copy of my path report. Perhaps someone can decipher this for me.

"Adenomyosis cannot be excluded grossly". Does that mean I probably had adenomyosis. I think I did. I had symptoms, but it was never mentioned before my surgery, and the doc didn't bring it up today either. I guess he figured it didn't really matter anymore.

Here is the "FINAL DIAGNOSIS"
1. Squamous cell carcinoma in situ, focal low grade endocervical gland dysplasia, no evidence of invasive malignancy.
2. Benign proliferative endometrium.
3. Paratubal cyst. (removed from my left ovary)

I was very relieved to read the "no evidence of invasive malignancy." My family has enough to worry about with my sister having stage IV breast cancer, they can quit worrying about me now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register