Upcoming hysterectomy 8/8: Help �� (very worried and scared about surgery, and all the what ifs) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 8/8: Help �� (very worried and scared about surgery, and all the what ifs) Upcoming hysterectomy 8/8: Help �� (very worried and scared about surgery, and all the what ifs)

Unread 07-25-2018, 09:51 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 8/8: Help �� (very worried and scared about surgery, and all the what ifs)

I have posted b4 but I'm getting more and more worried as my date approaches 8/8 I am out of my mind with the what if's and terror I can't seem to make it go away any advice? They will be removing my cervix and urteus with the robotic hysterectomy and checking my ovaries due to pcos not sure what to expect the fear of the unknown is frightening ive had gallbladder removed and scheduled C section and I am more scared now than then can anyone give me any insight?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2018, 12:58 PM
Re: Help 😭

Hello,
I had the same surgery as you will be having plus had some adhesions removed from my previous c-sections. I was terrified of surgery too. I found that my recovery has been so much easier than my past surgeries. I have 4 incisions and they didn't really hurt that much and were closed by my 2 week post op appt. The cramping and spotting and pulling feels similar to a c-section but doesn't seem to last as long. As long as you take it easy and dont rush your recovery all should go well. I was worried about getting a vaginal cuff, but it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. Now that I'm a little further into recovery, I can't tell its there. Everything feels the same down there. I still have some bloating and fatigue, but thats normal. Wishing you the best on your surgery and recovery
Unread 07-25-2018, 09:05 PM
Re: Help 😭 (very worried and scared about surgery, and all the what ifs)

Hi Samanthapolak -

All of your fears, emotions, feelings and anxieties are completely normal. This is such a tough surgery to face and digest. And it is such an overwhelming experience. And all the what ifs spinning around in your head can make you The intensity of these emotions can increase as your surgery date approaches.

This surgery is different than other surgeries. It is so intimate, and really impacts you on an emotional level. I had other surgeries before my hysterectomy, and also felt differently about it.

It helps to keep yourself very busy to take your mind off of your surgery. Exercise also helps. Watch favorite DVDs or read a favorite book. Here is an article that may provide information:
Coping with Anxiety and Fear before Hysterectomy

Just know that you are not alone in this. We understand exactly how you feel.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2018, 11:05 PM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 8/8: Help �� (very worried and scared about surgery, and all the what ifs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanthapolak View Post
I have posted b4 but I'm getting more and more worried as my date approaches 8/8 I am out of my mind with the what if's and terror I can't seem to make it go away any advice? They will be removing my cervix and urteus with the robotic hysterectomy and checking my ovaries due to pcos not sure what to expect the fear of the unknown is frightening ive had gallbladder removed and scheduled C section and I am more scared now than then can anyone give me any insight?
Hi Samantha, I was very nervous too. I'm 8 day post op Da Vinci Robotic Total Hysterectomy. I feel amazing. I have 3 tiny incisions. I had very minimal pain and not much swelling.They wheeled me into surgery about 11:30a, and I woke up in recovery just shorty after 1pm. I was able to urinate about an hour later, and discharged about 3pm. Try to relax and look forward to how much better you'll feel after you are healed. My fibroids and cysts were wreaking havoc on my lower back. I have absolutely no pain in my back at all. Start drinking lots of water, and make healthy food choices. Sending positive thoughts and hugs.
Unread 07-27-2018, 01:13 PM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 8/8: Help �� (very worried and scared about surgery, and all the what ifs)

Hi Samantha!

You are not alone with your anxiety. Sending you so many hugs right now!!

I am scheduled for 8/23 for a LSH w/ both ovaries being removed. I know the anxiety you are going through as my head is swimming with the what-ifs too. I also had a c-section and gallbladder surgery and this one is freaking me out.
Unread 07-27-2018, 05:17 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 8/8: Help �� (very worried and scared about surgery, and all the what ifs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonluvr View Post
Hi Samantha!

You are not alone with your anxiety. Sending you so many hugs right now!!

I am scheduled for 8/23 for a LSH w/ both ovaries being removed. I know the anxiety you are going through as my head is swimming with the what-ifs too. I also had a c-section and gallbladder surgery and this one is freaking me out.
I go for my preop on Monday and even freaking out about that cause my heart rate has always been a little faster so hopefully I pass so I can have this surgery I have precancerous cervical cells so I need it

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register