Good News, Great Scootch, and Skunk | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Good News, Great Scootch, and Skunk Good News, Great Scootch, and Skunk

Unread 10-29-2002, 08:30 AM
Good News, Great Scootch, and Skunk

GYN did a pelvic and didn't feel anything amiss and did a Pap. Results to come of course. Back in 6 months to GYN unless problems develop. (Will see primary and of course oncologist in interim.) In honor of Hyster Sisters, I performed a near perfect scootch! Slid down, slid up, got up--paper still in place (with wrinkles of course). I think the secret is to remember that we are Hyster Sisters, we are the best, and naturally we scootch the best. As to the skunk, I avoided him a couple times yesterday as he lay in the middle of a busy roadway, gone to that great wherever skunks go in the great beyond. He was obviously quite recently departed as evidenced by aroma. This morning, the streets department had removed his remains except, as I realized too late, that "funny black patch" which I ran over. Man--how long does eau de skunk last? I choked for a few blocks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2002, 09:31 AM

We have skunks all over the neighborhood in Los Angeles where I live, and a couple of them tangled with the dogs that live next door -- right under my DD's bedroom window. Her homework smelled of skunk for a couple of days...and her bed for a week, in spite of washing linen, airing out room, etc. It does last a while, and we've had to "move out" for the day a time or two because of the smell (makes me wheeze).

I knew if anyone could perfect the art of the "scootch" it would be you...I'm an expert at pulling up new paper before I leave, that's what I get from 30 years as a healthcare worker...now, if you can figure out how to tie those giant paper gowns without breaking the stupid plastic "string" -- that's an art!

Glad to hear good news, too, always. You're in my ers...

Audrey
Unread 10-29-2002, 10:35 AM

Congrats on the good check-up! Keeping my fingers crossed until we hear about your results. I missed the earlier words of wisdom about the "scootch" technique.....will have to go back and read up on it here.

The last time I went the dr again had to grab my hips and pull me down I finally said "I've been coming here for 15 years and you always have to do that, when will I get it right?". His answer...."no one ever does". Maybe I can be the first?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2002, 10:50 AM

Woo Hoo Ellen! Sounds like more GOOD NEWS for you!! I'm thrilled everything went well. You went you scootched and and Got an A+.... Anytime you can scootch and not stick, it's celebration time!! I'm very impressed! Just wrinkles?? No torn paper?? No sticking to your butt?? WOW!! Take a You've done it!! You've perfected the scootch and now we ALL want to know your secret!

Love and hugs and always angels,
Susan
Unread 10-29-2002, 11:42 AM

s Ellen

Great news!!!! And a near perfect scootch. Can't ask for more than that.
The skunk in your subject line kinda threw me for a minute. I thought where in the world is that dear lady going with that......... But I do know what your mean. Don't even have to see them, to know they've been around. Most distinctive odor I've ever smelled.
Again, congrats. You are sounding good as well!!!!

s karenann
Unread 10-29-2002, 12:40 PM

((((Ellen))))))
Sounds like a great appt!!
So happy to hear all went well!!
In my thoughts and prayers always!
Hugs,
Maria xoxoxo
Unread 10-29-2002, 05:39 PM

Can we call you The Queen of Scootch? Candy
Unread 10-29-2002, 06:42 PM

Ellen,
Glad to see that your appointment went well!!!! I go tomorrow and am hoping to scootch as well as you did!!!!!! Take care!!!

Rhonda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register