Things a mother doesn't want to overhear her kids say | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Surviving Parenthood

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Things a mother doesn't want to overhear her kids say Things a mother doesn't want to overhear her kids say

Unread 10-29-2002, 10:58 PM
Things a mother doesn't want to overhear her kids say

"OK, Michael, you can jump now"

Uh, oh, you're gonna get in trouble-as you hear the toilet flush

hurry, quick, mom's coming

where's the glue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2002, 09:24 AM

a few of my personal favorites...

"Oh, COOL, where'd ya get THAT???" followed by "Oh-oh, here she comes!"

"I can pee farther than you" (can ya tell I have 2 boys?)

"How much will you pay me not to tell Mom?"

and let's not forget

"You'd better clean that up!"

s,
-Linda
Unread 03-06-2004, 01:11 PM
Talking - Things a mother doesn't want to overhear her kids say Things a mother doesn't want to overhear her kids say

It really was not what she said it was what she drew in Kindergarten when asked what mom did all day. She drew me digging in the yard for worms for her pet toad. I was sure the teacher thought we had an unusual home life. Bookfairy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2004, 03:25 PM

I can remember hearing the tail end of conversation with 2 step dds:-
If you dont do that, I'll tell dad you've been smoking
I haven't been smoking
I can lie, cant I?
Unread 05-11-2004, 03:42 PM

I have 3 children, 16 ds, 18 dd, 20 dd and I can tell you I DON'T WANT TO OVERHEAR ANY OF THEIR CONVERSATIONS!!!! I can wait until 20 years from now when they tell me all the things they did that I didn't know about.
Unread 05-11-2004, 04:23 PM

Back in the days right after my divorce, I was a night shift medical transcriptionist at the local hospital a few years ago. I'd get home about 2 am. My girls are about 4 1/2 years apart in age. They would have been getting ready for school around 6 am.

The girls are standing in the hallway, halfway between my bedroom door and the bathroom. They've obviously had a few words prior to this moment that broke my falling asleep.

I hear younger daughter say to older daugher "You're just jealous!"

"Of WHAT?"

"Of me. 'Cuz I have TWO eyebrows and you only have ONE!"

I rolled up out of that bed and sent them to seperate corners PRONTO!
Unread 06-02-2004, 05:08 PM

How about walking by your 6 year olds room with the door cracked, and hearing him and his cousin of the same age saying
"Mine is bigger than yours, no mine is bigger look lets see.. Come here and put it next to mine.. "

I pushed the door open wondering.. OH MY what are they doing.. to see the two of them comparing the sizes of their spiderman..

Momma which one is bigger he said.. To that I sighed a sigh of relief and said that I thought they were both the same size.. LOLOL
Unread 06-02-2004, 08:48 PM
Smoke, fire, or blood

We've had a running joke in our family, after 8 kids (my siblings), my father, who never wanted to hear us "tattletale", always told us, "unless it involves fire, smoke or blood", I don't want to hear about it!" Needless to say, I have raised my son, and trying to get it through my SD's head that everything does not need to be reported.

The other day, my son barged in on my SD in the bathroom, and she was crying, and told him "Don't you say a word, remember...smoke or fire, and there isn't any here!" DS came running into the living room screaming "you forgot blood!"...and precedded to tell me his sister had blood running down her legs.....she was using my razor!

Needless to say, my heart hit my stomach and I went running, she was Ok, just scratched herself, but I had to laugh when it was all patched up, that my son remembered our little family saying!
Unread 06-02-2004, 09:37 PM
Wink - Things a mother doesn't want to overhear her kids say Things a mother doesn't want to overhear her kids say

This is a fun thread. Last night my grown daughter called me to read something that my 7 year old Grandson wrote to his teacher. My daughter bought gift certificates to Starbucks for our two grandchildren to give to their teachers. Here's what my little grandson wrote to his teacher--misspellings and all:

Dear Mr. H, I am sorrey for giveing you such a hard time this year so here is a gift certificate for you. I hope you have a better time next year. Your student, E.

He is such a little character.
Unread 06-02-2004, 10:45 PM

I had taken my children to a resteraunt..we were seated and a big bossom woman walked in with the front of her tee shirt cut to reveal alot of clevage. my son was 5 at the time and said "Wow mom look at those! I bet you can make BIG belly f@rts in them!" all at the top of his squeaky little five year old voice. the poor man behind us almost choked on his food.as I tried to find a crack in the floor.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register