Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 07,2018 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 07,2018 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 07,2018

Unread 10-01-2018, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 07,2018

If your hysterectomy was between Oct 01-Oct 07,2018 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your hysterectomy recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads now begin in our special forum for all Hysterectomy Recovery Reports and will remain there for you to always find your discussion.
  • 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!
  • 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2018, 07:45 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 07,2018

Princesses to your Recovery Progress Report Thread and the otherside

This is your thread for sharing with and caring for your kind sisters and caring for yourself. It will be as helpful as you make it. You can compare experiences, share progress, vent frustrations, ask questions and just generally find understanding.

I am your SunshineSister and remember how good it felt to have my surgery over. I am here to say “you are not alone” and to share my personal experiences and the things I have learned from other sisters. I had my DvH/BSO with rectocele and cystocele repairs on 1/16/14 and had a slow but uncomplicated recovery.

Recovery is different for everyone and there is No Normal but we will have similarities to share. Initial recovery may take 6-12 weeks and complete healing could be 1year. You know your own body, listen to it. Heed any warning signs and go slow.

Make sure your profile has your correct surgery type, this is helpful as some answers to questions depend on this. Also while you are editing, where you are in this wide world can be fun.

So some Sisterly advice:
-Be kind to yourself and listen to your body
-Follow your Drs orders and limitations.
-Accept help from family and friends you just had MAJOR SURGERY!
-Drink lots of water and eat healthy tummy friendly foods.
-Rest, Rest, Rest, and Rest
-walk a little each hour that you are awake (to the bathroom, to get a cup of tea or glass of water).

Feel free to ask questions about anything that comes up or if you need a cyber ((hug)), just ASK!

This site has some great articles, so explore while doing some of that resting. You could start at the top of the screen with Articles in grey letters. The big blue bar includes Hysterectomy Checkpoints which I found helpful as you get a look at what to expect as you progress through your healing. Don't forget the post op forum to ask questions of sisters farther along in their recovery who might have had a similar issue. I will definitely let you know when this is a good idea.

So as you begin your healing journey remember you just had MAJOR SURGERY! You have ONE CHANCE to get this RIGHT. Listen to your body and take care of you. This is your main task for the next few weeks. I am here to help. See you when you are ready to post. You have my prayers and good thoughts for your recovery.

Lots of Gentle Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 10-02-2018, 03:26 PM
da Vinci total hysterectomy - Day 2 and feeling fine

I had my total robotic hysterectomy yesterday morning, and was back home in less than 24 hours. Overall I'm feeling really good. For me, the worst part of the whole thing was the Foley catheter and the vaginal packing (my vagina tore a bit as they removed the uterus), but once they were out (the next morning), I pretty much felt like myself again....just a little sore and I get tired really easy.

The one thing that surprised me is the amount of coughing and lung congestion I have, I'm guessing it's just a side effect of the surgery, as they didn't seem concerned about it and told me coughing was good.

Followed the advice on this site about taking Gas-X and Stool Softeners right away, and so far so good, no problems with either. Overall, I'm feeling better than I ever could have imagined, and I'm hoping it stays that way. The only pain meds I've needed so far is Ibuprofen, which I took for my aching back (I have a herniated disk that acts up when I lay in bed too long).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2018, 09:48 AM

Yesterday was my big day (robotic) and I feel pretty good. Stiff, It feels like I overdid it with the situps, maybe a little bit crampy. But overall, not bad.
My shoulders actually bother me more than my gut right now.
I was told they might, because my body is trying to get rid of the gas that inflated my belly for the surgery.
I am working from home today, but don't feel really motivated to sit up or work very hard. Even typjng is a bit of an annoyance. I just want to curl up on my hot pad and rest.
I hope all of you are feeling well as well.
Unread 10-03-2018, 04:31 PM

Irmjunk and raptorgrrl,

Nice to have you both here on your Recovery Progress thread. Please take things very slow these first few days. You are still under the effects of the anesthesia and may feel much better that you actually are. Staying slow now many keep you from having any unnecessary inflammation from over activity. You have had a part of your body removed and the trauma of manipulation to do that needs time for things settle down.

Irm, sorry I didn’t see your post yesterday. I didn’t receive my usual email that it came in. Glad you are doing well.

Raptor, try a heating pad on those shoulders and the gentle walking can help. If it gets too severe you can try laying on your back with a pillow under your bottom so that area is higher than your shoulders. This will make it move out of the shoulder and neck area. It is just trying to escape from highest area of you body. It will slowly escape where ever it is.

So don’t forget lots of gentle walking maybe for 5 min up every hour that you are awake. The rest of the time you should be resting and sleeping as much as you can

Drink lots of water and eat tummy friendly healthy food. I ate lots of oatmeal and fruit. Things that will help your digestion slowly get back on tract after being shut down and empty for 24+ hours. Many aren’t very hungry for the first week but it is good to keep snacking, your body needs good nutrition to heal.

Sending lots of gentle hugs,
Anndy
Unread 10-03-2018, 11:58 PM

I had my total vaginal laparoscopic assisted hysterectomy and I felt pretty decent at first. The anesthesia took a long time to get out of my system. They said I took awhile to wake up and I was out of it the whole day. My surgery was at 7:30AM and I went home at 2. I have been taking the pain pills though and notice right away when I need more. I am constipated despite taking stool softener 2 days prior to my surgery. I’m drinking plenty of liquids so hopefully that will help. I cannot take nsaids so I’m on hydrocodone/Tylenol. I feel pretty crummy now and I’m using ice packs. They help a bit. My back is sore so I have a heat pad on it. I can’t use the heating pad on my belly because I have dermabond glue with a few stitches instead of all stitches. I had no problem with the O2 gas pains so I’m glad about that. I’m feeling glad it’s over and done but sad now that the pain is increasing a bit. I had a problem peeing and needed the catheter put in again while in recovery. Then after that I strained real hard to pee. So now I’m super sore from that too. Sigh......feeling sad. I’m thankful for this wonderful place. I’m glad to hear others getting along so nicely.
Unread 10-04-2018, 01:24 AM
Smile - Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 07,2018 Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 07,2018

Had my Davinci robot hysterectomy yesterday at 730a. Got to come home at 7p. Have a Foley catheter in until Monday. Not liking that, but getting better. Will post an update tomorrow.
So glad to have found this site!

Karla
Unread 10-04-2018, 05:33 AM

Spinning-around and Geokj3,

Glad you both are on the otherside and decided to join us here on your Recovery Progress thread. Hope you have read my above posts with my cautions. These first few days and weeks are your time to so please take it slow and listen to your body. I always say to do a little less than you think you can. Less really is more during this recovery. It will help your body heal faster.

Spinning, many have trouble with constipation so keep up with those Stool softeners and remember your food intake was down in the last few days. Also, eat lots of fiber foods. I did oatmeal, fruit and stewed prunes. Of course keep up with lots of water.

Lots of gentle Sister Hugs coming to all,
Anndy
Unread 10-04-2018, 08:35 AM

Had my robotic laparoscopic total hysterectomy, the only thing they left were the ovaries, on Tuesday oct 2nd. Stayed the night in the hospital, thank goodness because I had bad shoulder and chest pain from gas. Given Norco every 4 hours but needed IV morphine at midnight to get some sleep. Went home yesterday at 1pm, feeling much better now that I have passed some gas. Still not had a bowel movement but hopefully soon. Taking stool softeners to help. Overall feel pretty good for having major surgery.
Unread 10-04-2018, 10:25 AM

Thanks Anndy,
I’m feeling better today. I like that advice. Do less than you think you can. I’m always trying to do more but not now! I’m on rest mode. I’m doing well with the ice packs and Tylenol. I’m hoping I’ll be able to go to the bathroom soon now that I stopped the pain pills. One day at a time.
Healing hugs to all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register