The Miracle Continues... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The Miracle Continues... The Miracle Continues...

Unread 11-01-2002, 05:15 PM
The Miracle Continues...

Today had treatment #4 and beforehand they ran all the usual stuff and the CA125. I wasn't expecting results from CA125 as they normally aren't processed daily--but this one was. I went down from 13.5 to 7.2 thanks to treatment #3. The doctor thinks perhaps all the trouble I had last time was due to a "bug" as well as just chemo reaction. I told him I was prepapred: three boxes of Imodium, Zofran plus Lorazepam, a shower seat to sit on for throwing up, ginger ale, grape juice, berry juice boxes, diet 7 up and diet caffeine free cola. I also have decaffeinated instant tea, decaffeinated coffee, and some old Crystal Light for plain water. I can also wander down for brewed decaf coffee (instant now tasting like something awful compared to brewed) and cranberry or orange juice. I took my gray hippo in the pink tutu with me and they all liked her and I didn't cry, etc. And for those of you with Cancerhead, there's a message there for you too. Ellen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2002, 05:33 PM
The Miracle Continues...

Ohhhh (((((((Ellen))))))))

This is so wonderful!!!!!!! You are going to end up with the lowest CA 125 reading on this forum!!!! Miracles are truly happening for you dear lady!! How truly wonderful. That grey tutued hippo is keeping a good watch over you me thinks!!!!
I hope you don't need that shower seat at all for throwing up! Boy...what a good idea, wish I had thought of one of those!!
Have a wonderful weekend, and know we are all celebrating with you!! May the good news just keep rolling in for you!!
Love and Hugs,
M. xoxoxo
Unread 11-01-2002, 07:01 PM
The Miracle Continues...

s Ellen

Wow!!!! You gotta love those single digit ca 125's. Great news. Hopefully the side effects from this treatment will be less, but surely they will be easier to endure with a plummeting ca 125 like yours.
I think some credit goes to that famous hippo!!!
Have a good weekend.

karenann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2002, 07:10 PM
The Miracle Continues...

WOW!!! What wonderful news for you!!!!! Hope you are feeling well and continue to get such great results!! My prayers are you!!! Have a nice weekend!!
Rhonda
Unread 11-01-2002, 08:13 PM
The Miracle Continues...

What wonderful news for you! You are such a supportive voice on this forum for so many of us -- it is great to know that you are doing well and having such a positive response to your treatment. Way to go!!!!

joanie
Unread 11-01-2002, 09:17 PM
{{{{{{[Ellen}}}}}}}

Hey sweet lady,
I hope that you know you're my HERO!! I mean it! You have come so far the last few months!! I'm so proud to know you Ellen and it's been an honor to watch your progress. Thank you so much for giving your self so freely to us all. I only have one thing left to say!!! You've made a HUGE difference in MY LIFE! Thanks so very much.

Praise the Lord!!
Love and hugs and angels,
Susan
Unread 11-02-2002, 06:24 PM
The Miracle Continues...

Hey... I am jealous.... (lol) I wanted those single digit ca125 numbers and ended up with 11 as my after chemo baseline number. I am soooo happy for you!! That hippo in the pink tutu just may be on to something...Keep up the wonderful numbers/
Rosalie
Unread 11-03-2002, 04:10 AM
The Miracle Continues...

That is great news!! Keep up the good work. I love the phrase, "cancer head". I find that the advantage of no hair is you never have a bad hair day.

Once again, I am so happy for your good news. Keep those low numbers coming.

Ruth S
Unread 11-03-2002, 06:37 AM
The Miracle Continues...

Ellen!

That's the best news I could read on a Sunday morning!

I'm so thrilled to hear about the single digits. Your grit and your insistence on being yourself through it all is truly inspiring.
Unread 11-03-2002, 11:32 AM
The Miracle Continues...

Ellen,
What great news. Inspiration, your name is Ellen!!!!

When I first joined HS, you were really low. Look at you now. It's a wonderful lesson for all of us in perserverance, belief, tenacity, the power of women. You're glowing proof that women are stronger than cancer *punch*.

You may have to give up the tutu clad hippo for the next in line.
s, es, and lots of ,
Laura

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register