Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 14,2018 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 14,2018 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 14,2018

Unread 10-08-2018, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 14,2018

If your hysterectomy was between Oct 08-Oct 14,2018 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your hysterectomy recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads now begin in our special forum for all Hysterectomy Recovery Reports and will remain there for you to always find your discussion.
  • 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!
  • 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2018, 09:50 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 14,2018

Welcome to your recovery thread ladies. My name is Rachel and I will be your Sunshine Sister on this journey. This is the place for you to post your recovery process and support other sisters who had their surgery the same week as you.

There will be many questions about do's and don'ts, BM's, the gas pains, during your recovery.
Feeling tired, having aches and pains as well as bowel and bladder issues are all normal and remember it's okay to ask questions. Always remember to contact your Doctor as well.
Many will be experiencing hormonal issues as well. This is where you'll want to ask your questions and share your recovery journey.

I'll be here to help as much as I can. I am not a medical professional. My replies will be based on what I've experienced during my recovery.
Remember to drink plenty of water, that really is very important during your recovery process. Get plenty of rest, and walk as much as you can. Walking is going to help with the gas issues and will get your GI tract moving.
Hugs to all of you.
Unread 10-08-2018, 01:05 PM

I made it! Surgery went well this afternoon - Iím lying in my hospital bed dozing and sipping water. Iím famished! Havenít eaten anything since 7.30am. Pain isnít too bad atm, just got to remember to move slowly. Iím staying overnight and hoping to be discharged late tomorrow afternoon.

I hope all your surgeries went well girls x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2018, 11:46 PM

I had my surgery at 1:10 Monday afternoon (EST). I had a total laparoscopic hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophrorectomy. Iím incredibly lucky that my lovely neighbor is a surgical anesthesia nurse. She elected to work yesterday so that she could be there with me. She made sure they knew that I donít respond well to a lot of different drugs so they apparently modified my dosage down. I woke up in recovery in half the time of my previous abdominal surgery which was nice. I was told everything went perfectly but I was still very out of it so itís a bit fuzzy. I declined pain meds since they make me ill although they send them to the pharmacy anywhay just in case. I got home at 7:00pm and managed somehow to walk on my own. That hurt a lot due to the air bubbles under my right rib cage and both of my shoulders. Oddly, my abdomen doesnít really hurt at all, itís sore however, the air pressure pain is far worse. I took two Advil and drank a lot of water. Itís so dry at these hospitals! I donít believe I have ever been so thirsty. Of course inevitably I had to use the bathroom and my husband had to hold me upright since I was still floppy from the anesthesia around 9:00pm. I had a small amount of blood and it sounded and felt like air being removed from my vagina. That was a strange feeling haha!
I just woke up at 1:30 and didnít want to wake my husband so I shuffled on my own to the bathroom. I cannot stand upright yet, the bubbles under my ribs are not quite excruciating but close. Iím hoping that the air will be absorbed quickly expecially as that is the only thing that hurts - thus far anyway.
Unread 10-09-2018, 12:03 AM

Iím glad it went well. Itís 7am here in the UK and I hardly slept last night! I always fall asleep on my side but simply couldnít, so ended up drifting off around 3am. The pressure on my bladder was also painful, despite having a catheter.

they are hopefully going to discharge me late afternoon. I can walk slowly to the bathroom but havenít been able to do a wee yet. Iíve changed into my own pjs too so am feeling a bit more human now!
Unread 10-09-2018, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saharah975 View Post
Iím glad it went well. Itís 7am here in the UK and I hardly slept last night! I always fall asleep on my side but simply couldnít, so ended up drifting off around 3am. The pressure on my bladder was also painful, despite having a catheter.

they are hopefully going to discharge me late afternoon. I can walk slowly to the bathroom but havenít been able to do a wee yet. Iíve changed into my own pjs too so am feeling a bit more human now!
Itís only 2:00am here and I cannot fall back asleep. I think that the air bubbles from the insufflation may be the worst part of this. I hope they are giving you lots of fluids. I never realized how dry the air is in hospital. I recall reading somewhere that we exhale as much water as we urinate. Maybe thatís why youíve been unable to go? Iíve drunk at least six cups of water since last night and Iím still parched. I hope the rest of your days goes a bit better!
Unread 10-09-2018, 06:47 AM

How are you feeling now? Iíve been drinking loads today and peed several times so Iím happy. Iíve
Iíve just been given an anti-sickness tablet as struggling with nausea atm. Iím going to try to get a couple hours sleep now and will hopefully be discharged in a few hours.
Unread 10-09-2018, 06:57 AM

The pain from the co2 is the worst. I gave birth at home to a 9 1/2lb (4.45k) baby with no pain meds and this is right up on that scale. I donít like pain medication because it makes me nauseous so Iím sticking to ibuprofen. Itís taking the edge off at least. I feel much more clear headed at least. The anesthesia this time was spot on - I had an emergency appendectomy in January and I was in and out for three days after that. This time was so much easier. Iíll be keeping you in my thoughts today that your discharge and recovery go smoothly!
Unread 10-09-2018, 08:42 AM

Hi. I had my TLH on Monday and coming into day 2 post op here in Australia. Its 1.30am and ive just had more pain meds so fingers crossed I'm about to get at least another couple of hours sleep.
My op went long but well and I'm so grateful I dont have any gas pain. But I have suffered badly from nausea and vomiting. It really got on top of me and it took all of yesterday to find which drug was going to settle me down. Stopping the IV Morphine and taking slow release pain relief has made a good difference also.
Ive started walking to the bathroom and the hardest thing is getting in and out of bed, otherwise so far so good.
Hope everyone is doing well
Unread 10-09-2018, 09:41 AM

Hello Ladies, happy to hear everyone is doing great and supporting each other. The pain from the gas will get better. Walkng as much as possible really helps. Everyone feels it in different places, for me it was the shoulder area. GasX was a big reliever for me. Happy to read you are all drinking water, that is really important in your recovery. That is all I drank was water. I also found that using feminine wipes instead of toilet paper was very soothing. Remember, this is the very early stages in your recovery, so be kind to yourself. Get plenty of rest, and take things very slow. Getting up can be a task. I always had my tummy pillow for support. Spotting is going to be normal. Some may experience spotting several days after. Don't be alarmed if you see this. If it's just spotting, you're ok. If your soaking through a pad every hour or so you need to contact your Doctor. This is a wonderful thread to share your recovery journey, but always consult with your Doctor first if you believe you are experiencing something out of the norm.
Hugs to you all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register