CIN III Doctor Recommends Hysterectomy - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

CIN III Doctor Recommends Hysterectomy CIN III Doctor Recommends Hysterectomy

Unread 11-13-2002, 08:57 AM
CIN III Doctor Recommends Hysterectomy

Hello ladies

jlgfhl, I think it would be best to get a second opinion.

In my case, (CIN III) all doctors so far seem to agree with hysterectomy. I am in process of setting up appointment with gyn/onc.
I have pelvic ultrasound today to see if anything else is happening inside.....

I have contemplated asking for laser surgery or repeat leep conization and then wait and see game, but I have read many instances where the pathology reports from paps or leeps read CIN III and then after hysterectomy there was CIS. Truthfully, in my case, no doctor has suggested anything other than to do hysterectomy. Never thought saying goodbye to my uterus would be so hard to do. But knowing that others are feeling this way also helps. Saying yes to a surgery when you have no symptoms is probably what makes this decision so hard. I guess it is an individual decision and not an easy one at that.

Hugs and prayers to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2002, 08:49 AM

I went in for a routine PAP on 4/30/02. Got word from my doctor on 5/21 that I had Severe Dysplasia/Carcinoma. Totally freaked out and pretty much lost my sanity because of it as my ex-husband died on 4/10/02 from lung cancer after being diagnosed with it on 1/30/02. So I was already very frightened of cancer and could only think about what would happen to our daughter who is only six.

Anyway, went for my colposcopy, confirmed Carcinoma IN SITU/CIN III. My lesion was also located near the gland, out of sight. I had no interest in having more children much less periods and my doctor recommended a hysterectomy. My insurance company insisted on a cone biopsy first which angered me greatly, then I had the hysterectomy on July 5. I had everything taken out including ovaries (another friend has survived 2.5 years with ovarian cancer stage III). My mom was very upset that I was so willing to have my ovaries removed but I think if I had opted to leave them in I never would have been able to relax. It sounds foolish to some of you I'm sure but having it all removed was the best option for me. I was unhappy about all of the HRT hoopla and lack of a clear answers but after going over all of my options, Premarin was the best choice. Also, my doc was great, she was extremely careful during surgery, I had absolutely no post-op bleeding and 4 weeks later I was back at work feeling great.

I have been on Premarin 1.25 mg (I'm 36), and it has worked great, I feel good, happy and enjoy not having to deal with severe PMS moodswings.

I can tell you, the information available on the internet was overwhelming and contradictory which can leave you feeling totally lost. I wish I had found this site when I was going through everything but the best bunch of advice I got was from women who had already gone through it and after talking to about 8 of them, none had anything negative to say about getting their hysterectomy.

I am sorry to hear you are having to go through the same and wish you the best. Just try to make infomed choices and you will choose what is best for you.
Unread 11-23-2002, 07:17 PM
Hello from Cleveland

I am asking this question for a friend. She has an acquaintance who may need a hyst down the road for possible cervical cancer. I know there was at least one lady on this posting who is from Cleveland. Does anyone know a Gyn-Oncologist in the Cleveland and/or Northeast Ohio area they would recommend? Also, what hospital is the doctor affiliated with? Please e-mail me directly [email protected]

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2002, 05:15 AM

Carmanni

Your post could be my post!! I have the same exact story. I went my whole life without abnormal paps and then I turn up CIN-111 in Oct. I had a colposcopy and the doc said since I went from normal normal normal to cin-111 so quickly that he really thinks that a hyster. is the thing for me.

I agrred and 12/17 I am on my way to the castle. I am anxious to hear the results of the biopsy they do on everything they take out. I am concerned that in the two months I am waiting to have the surgery that things changed to cancer.

I have bad days because I feel so good and it is hard to think about taking out something that seems to be working correctly.

If you need to talk feel free to email me.

Darlene
Unread 11-25-2002, 07:06 PM
normal & then ... WHAM!!!

Darlene, it appears that we are leading parallel lives. My hyst is scheduled the day before yours. Also, I had my daughter 10/13/2001 and never had an abnormal pap in my life prior to my pregnancy! At my 8 week check-up, my pap came back abnormal. 3 months later -- normal. Then, in September, abnormal again. So, I had colpo, endometrial and cervical biopsies --> cervical carcinoma in situ (CIS). October 17th I had conization and d/c --> again, cervical carcinoma in situ with no endocervical invasion, but the d/c tissue from the uterus came back with CIN III (severe dysplasia).

So, my doctor said that if I were 40 with 6 children he would recommend the hyst due to what appears to be a very aggressively-natured group of cells that appeared only after pregnancy. That's all I needed to hear. My husband and I only wanted one child anyway, so the choice was easy. I feel like I'm trading my uterus and cervix for my peace of mind.

I'll be praying for each of you! Good luck...

LTMichel
Unread 11-30-2002, 04:48 AM

Just wanted to jump in and say that you are not alone. As you can see from my bio, I have a 7 year history with bad paps, CIN III results also. I've had 2 CB, 1 Leep and several colposcopies. My last papa and colposcopy came back CIN III. I am now 9 days post op from my TAH/BSO. I opted for the BSO.

Good luck!
Unread 12-02-2002, 08:07 AM
decided on 2nd ckc

Against the 2nd opinion of the gyn/onc and my entire family I decided to go ahead with the 2nd ckc on 11/29. Seems to have gone well but much more painful than the first. I don't have any results but (fingers crossed) I'm hopeful this got the bad cells and may have bought me a little time. We'll see.....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register