I don't know where I would be if my friend had not told me about HysterSisters. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Kudos for Hyster Sisters

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I don't know where I would be if my friend had not told me about HysterSisters. I don't know where I would be if my friend had not told me about HysterSisters.

Unread 10-27-2018, 04:50 PM
Talking - I don't know where I would be if my friend had not told me about HysterSisters. I don't know where I would be if my friend had not told me about HysterSisters.

2018 will go down in my books as the most chaotic year ever. I went to a new gyno in Feb to try and figure out why after years of very few to an almost non existant monthly i suddenly had one that by that point had lasted over a month. first think i get diagnosed with is type 2 diabetes. I had a feeling i would get that at some point since about 3 yrs prior i was told i was borderline and it was most likely connected to the PCOS. of course when i got my diagnosis of diabetes i was like well crap. i started taking the classes. never completed it because later found out another issue.i of course finally got the A1C results of 6.7 as my diabetes diagnosis. basicly i am a baby diabetic. easy fix if i can lose weight and manage it with diet and exercise. never got meds for it.

3 days after the Diabetes wound up in ER with extremely high BP. it was 207/102. I then got diagnosed with Hypertension. once i learned all this we went over the results of the ultra sound and decided i needed a uterine biopsy because of the thickened lining of my uterus. at this point my period is still going. by about mid march it finally quits with the help of the progesterone i was given for 30 days. by the 16th of March my Gyn decided to change up my bp meds because i wanted to have kids and the ones i was prescribed were not condusive for someone who wanted to be pregnant ore was pregnant. so she put me on a new medication with a much higher dosage.by the 23rd (1 week later) i was planning on having them check my bp after work and see whether i should keep taking it or not.

well just a side note i should mention 2 days prior to the 23rd i found a text on my phone late at night saying i had an appointment at 1 that day. it was to late to call and say i could not make it nor was i able to call and ask why the apointment was sceduled in the first place with out prior knowledge. I spaced calling about it the next day. so friday the 23rd i go to work. I was there for only about half an hr when all of a sudden i just passed out. 1 sec i am up leaning over the counter top because i am so dizzy the next i am on the floor. i come too but am feeling so off and light headed. I said yes to an ambulance which i have never done before. my BP was 80/60 when the paramedics checked it. so i said yes hospital. while in the er i remember oh yeah i should call my dr office. so i did. I am sitting there with tears sreaming down my face as the nurse tells me i have cancer in my uterus over the phone and that the dr wants me to come in asap. I said so calmly that they had no clue that i even reacted to the news that as soon as i was out of the er i would be on my way. So i went and had face to face with my dr before she sent the referal to an gyn onc. We tried hormone thereapy to reverse the cancer since it was only grade 1. we were successful but the mass that the mri picked up was not the same cancer the biopsy picked up.

the new mri in sept showed massive growth and infiltration into the muscles of the uterus and cervix. the day of this appointment i told my gyn onc that i was ready for a hysterectomy. She has had a lot of success with using hormone thereapy to cure cancer patients and the cancer not come back. unfortunately for me i would not be one of them. a week after that appointment she calls me back and says that yes we will have to do a hysterectomy. soon as i got tat knews i told my best friend. she sent me the link for this website since she had been through one nearly 10 yrs ago and had so much support from this place. after a few days i decided to check it out. and all i have to say is wow. the support i got pre-op was amazing. the information available is so helpfull and informative. I did little research before hand because my anxiety and emotions were so over the top that i really did not want to know. but the support was just hands down the best i could find anywhere.

it was not untill about week 2 or 3 into my recovery that i finally started researching things about my cancer as well as the different surgeries.i don't regret my surgery at all. i do wish i had been able to give birth even once before it had to happen though.

I do have to say with how much support and amazing inf o i have gotten from here i am definitely sharing this with everyone i know. including all my doctors lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register