Scheduled LSH Upcoming hysterectomy 11/16: Just lost what little control I thought I had today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 11/16: Just lost what little control I thought I had today Upcoming hysterectomy 11/16: Just lost what little control I thought I had today

Unread 11-05-2018, 01:51 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 11/16: Just lost what little control I thought I had today

I had my preop today that the typical blood work , paperwork, chest x-rays, talk with the anesthesiologists and he told me they will be putting a patch behind my ear that will last three days for nausea ( I always get sick from Surerys as well as pain medications ) so that was encouraging . But found out today that I know longer have a choice on my left ovary . After further investigation my surgeon has decided it must also come out . Kind of feels like I lost the one last bit of control I thought I had over this surgery . I know I have no choices and have to have the surgery , but feel a little bummed over the one Little Bit control I thought I HAD left and trying to save my left ovary am I just being overly emotional hear .? To be honest I do worry a lot about being thrown Fully into menopause when I wake up . I’ve been in perimenopause and it has not been a pleasant ride to say the least . I keep trying to be strong considering I never wanted the surgery to begin with but today has definitely made me feel weak .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2018, 03:55 PM
Re: Just lost what little control I thought I had today

What are your surgeon's reasons for deciding to remove the ovary? Remember that ultimately you *are* in control of whether or not the surgery takes place. They can't do surgery on a patient who doesn't show up. In your shoes, I would definitely want a good explanation before I agreed to proceed.
Unread 11-05-2018, 03:58 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 11/16: Just lost what little control I thought I had today

Hello Slippers. I'm sorry to hear you are so upset.
First of all, I'd like to say that even though it doesn't look like it, you have complete control. If any dr says that something must come out, they need to plead their case to you. *You*, not doctor, are the boss.
Best to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2018, 04:54 PM

The reason it must come out is due to it being covered in cysts ( I’ve had issues with these most my life ) I got multiple very large cyst on my right ovary . And left one is completely covered in them, said long term if it is left behind would end up in yet another surgery with in a few months.ill admit I know surgen is right coz they are very very painful .and I deff don’t want to end up back in yet another surgery at all... im just feeling sorry for myself I assume coz I had a uterine ablation done aug 13 to try to avoid this big surgery.and since that day the PAIN and bleeding has never stoped ,they said it is a total complete Ablationfailure .
Unread 11-05-2018, 04:57 PM

If your uterus and ovaries are causing you so much pain now, I can't help thinking that you're likely to feel a lot better once you recover from surgery, *perhaps* even while you're recovering from surgery.
Unread 11-05-2018, 05:01 PM

That’s what they all kept saying today as well.. that this surgery will make a world of difference in my life.
Unread 11-05-2018, 05:31 PM

One thing that helped me when I was waiting for surgery was that I realized that I had all these ideas as to what a *bad* recovery would look like, but I hadn't really thought about what a *good* recovery would look like. So I concentrated on that and came up with an image of my cats and I all curled up together, having a nap in a patch of sunlight. Once I had that image, I could call it to mind whenever things got to be too much.

You know what it feels like to live your life in pain and with bleeding. What would your life look like without the pain and the bleeding? Can you create an image in your mind that represents this new life?
Unread 11-05-2018, 05:41 PM

Thank you for this idea .. I will deff work on creating this image in my mind
Unread 11-05-2018, 06:48 PM

I’m exactly 1 week post surgery(vaginal hysterectomy, both ovaries taken out) and a front & back pelvic floor repair. It’s slow going but right away was one of the most bothersome symptom I was suffering with was gone! Set the intention that you will have a smooth recovery, visualize that positive recovery mode! Best of luck to you!
Unread 11-05-2018, 07:03 PM

I guess your main fear is a dramatic plunge into menopause? Do you mind me asking how old you are? I am 53 and I still have my ovaries, but I did have a lot done (see signature) and it was always a weighing up of risk versus benefit. I guess you could keep your ovary that is covered in cysts and likely face a surgery anyway or you could get it removed and take some steps afterward to help the transition into menopause. Some women have no symptoms of menopause anyway.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register