Do you have a theme song?? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Do you have a theme song?? Do you have a theme song??

Unread 10-14-2003, 05:12 AM
Do you have a theme song??

The song that was my theme song from when I was little was "Queen of the silver dollar" by Dr. Hook (I had typical hippy parents....with a name like Cherry what else could they have been, lol)

But the three songs that describe my life for the last year would have to be "Make it go away" by Holly Cole and "Life will go on" by Chris Isaak and "Lonely in your nightmare" by Duran Duran.

Gee, the songs sound really depressing but they're not, or I'm not, or something like that.

The song that has always gotten me moving would be "I will survive"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2003, 11:51 AM

Feistybabyblues: I'm with you! "Beautiful Day" by U2 automatically puts me in a great mood. Coming into work with it going full blast makes me feel like everything's going to be all right!
Unread 10-30-2003, 12:37 PM

I rememeber when I was having all four of my wisdom teeth taken out my oral surgeon let me pick thru his CD's to put in his surround sound that he had set up in his operating room. I opened up his CD Holder and started flippin thru......and the lights went out...I was in La-La Land. I wish I could do the same with my HYSTER and wake up to a really good song playing.

I just rented four movies to watch on my Laptop....I might as well bring a few CDs too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2003, 12:51 PM

If they give you Versed before going into surgery, you'll be on a cheap drunk. ;-) I remember almost NOTHING of going into surgery nor recovery nor being in my room at first. Just little glimmers. You could arrange to have someone have a CD player available, so you could listen to something when you're coming out of it in your room!
Unread 11-01-2003, 07:51 PM
theme song...huummmm

I would have to say that its...
"Are you strong enough to be my man?"
or
"Bohemain Raposidy" (which is horrible spelling, I am so sorry!!!) I just love that song!

Great question!!!
Unread 11-03-2003, 12:49 AM

Definately "Walking on Sunshine"..Now after my surgery I feel better than EVER!!
Unread 11-11-2003, 08:15 PM

Great thread. I really enjoyed reading everyones reply.

I would say my theme song is "The Dance" by Garth Brooks. I've been through alot in my 27 yrs on this earth, alot which was painful. And the song goes...

"And now, I'm glad I didn't know,
the way it all would end, the way it all would go,
our lives, are better left to chance,
I could have missed the pain, but I'd of had to miss the dance"

And you know, all the painful things and bad decisions have helped make me the person I am today. And I am happy with the person I am today. I wouldn't change any of the hurt if I could.

Laurie
Unread 11-18-2003, 12:05 AM
My Song (s)

[color=deeppink]
[size=3]
Boy, I feel like I don't know what I'm doing, trying to put a smilie in the text, change the color, read directions, (for the 5th time)...Anyway, I love the topic - what is your song? After thinking long and hard with ideas ranging from classical to pop to ethnic folk tunes. For me, it has to Moon River by Johnny Mercer, a fellow Georgian.
I could have fought all of the ebbs and tides of my life, but found out that, somewhere after 30, it's much easier to "go with the flow" in peace, knowing that somehow, we all empty into the same sea of life and light. Some come by bubbling brooks, some by waterfalls, some by typhoons or hurricanes, others by meandering creeks or raging rivers. Others may have to navigate class V rapids in the Colorado, or follow the whimsical ways of a desert arroyo. Some precious punctured sisters have had to battle flood-swollen river rampages with outrageous courage, while some of us just keep trying to paddle upriver.
"Old dreamaker, you heartbreaker, wherever you're going, I'm going your way..." like we have a choice?
"We're after the same rainbow's end, waiting 'round the bend, my Huckleberry friend, Moon River, ...and me.." Love, Anne
Unread 11-27-2003, 10:58 AM

I love that song "I will Survive" but it's not the first that came to mind. I don't recall who sings it or what it is called but my theme song since I first started experiencing the symptoms that lead up to my hyst has these lyrics (its a 70's tune I believe)

I am strong..., I am invincible.., I am woman...! I actually sing it in my head each time I accomplish something on my road to recovery.

Anyone know who/what it is?????
Unread 11-27-2003, 12:18 PM

The song is called "I am Woman" by Helen Reddy. good one!

My song would have to be, "Mmma said there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this my momma said".

AP

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register