Cystocele and Rectocele Symptons - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cystocele and Rectocele Symptons Cystocele and Rectocele Symptons

Unread 11-21-2002, 06:30 PM
Rectocle and Cystocele

I agree that surgery is not always the answer. Especially since I've had nothing buy pain and discomfort since I had the TVH in 05/2001. I have seen 3 different urologists and urogynelogists. None of them can find anything wrong with me and say I don't have IC. I've had extensive bladder tests, cat scans, MRIs, etc and nothing shows.

I am seeing another doctor in December for another opinion. I am so afraid of having surgery again. Especially since my past experience.

I'll keep you posted. Good luck to you too. I hope you find some answers and relief from all the pain you have.

Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2002, 05:48 PM
Cystocele and Rectocele Symptons

I was diagnosed with these problems too. I spent 3 months in PT.
I am somewhat better but not 100%.
Unread 12-08-2002, 12:24 AM
Therapy

Spicefire,

I have been going through therapy also. I've had about 16 treatments and 4 or 5 trigger injections. It only helped very slightly. I had in alot of discomfort right now. I see the doctor again on Monday to discuss surgery again. I am hesitate and have alot of questions to ask her. I was really hoping the therapy trigger injections were going to help.

Are you still going through your therapy? Did you go through therapy for prolapses or or for other reasons. I hope you have found relief for your discomfort.

Thank you for sharing.

Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2002, 10:19 AM

Are you still going through your therapy?

No, I got tired of it and quit. They showed me what I could do myself. I do the exercises and massages. I have tons of scar tissue. After 3 months of internal massage, pressure points, and that machine used to break up scar tissue and seeing no major results and the dollars adding up.....I quit.

Did you go through therapy for prolapses or or for other reasons?

The prolapses and incontinence.

I hope you have found relief for your discomfort.

Thank you. For now, I will live with this. May be one day things will get better. The doctor really does not want to do surgery yet, but that is a possibility.
Unread 12-08-2002, 07:13 PM

HI Debbie,

Sorry to hear you are still having these problems. Well, at least you are seeing the doctor and there are options. I am wondering, did you feel the pain in the same area before the
surgery? Has your doctor mentioned pudendal neuropathy or
perineal neuropathy. On top of the cystocele and rectocele, I have nerve damage from having traumatic childbirth, 11+ lb baby,
forceps delivery, which caused nerve damge, prolapsed uterus,
rectocele, etc. What prompted your problems requirig the
surgery? With the pelvic support problems, it is like a "domino" effect, one thing pressing on another and it is very difficult to
pin-point exactly what is causing the problem, that is why the surgery does not help a lot of people. I think this is something we will be battling with forever. I've had the rectocele surgery,
now my next option is the cystocele problem. WE're hoping that will help. Who the heck knows??? And of course there is always the weight issue. I need to lose weight. They love to nag about that! Although, I have lost about 15+ lbs. and I am feeling
slightly better....not much...but slightly.

Please keep me posted and good luck with the doctor.

Nel
Unread 12-09-2002, 09:44 PM
Therapy

Dear Spicefire,

I am still going through therapy a couple time a month, but I am going to stop for awhile. I agree with you, I have found very little relief from the therapy and it is very expensive.

I started therapy in May 2002. After my hysterrectomy in May 2001, I started to have pain in the vaginal area and down my legs. The doctor thinks it is from the scar tissue on the vagina cuff and possible due to the prolapses. I didn't have any of these problems until after my TVH. The doctors say it is most likely the prolapses occurred after the TVH

I am still pondering whether or not to have surgery to fix the scar tissue and prolapses. I have tried almost everything else and nothing seems to help, and I am so tired of living this way.

I hope you find some relief soon for your pain and discomfort. I will keep you posted on what I decide to do.

Please keep me posted on your progress and condition.

Debbie
Unread 12-09-2002, 09:49 PM

Hi Nel,

I am sorry to hear you are still having problems too. It seems to be an ongoing problem for many of us.

I didn't have any of the problems I have now prior to my TVH. I had the hysterrectomy due to excessive bleeding and anemia that I had for three years. I am so sorry I had the TVH. I feel all my problems now are due to that surgery. The doctors say that my prolapses are most likely due to the TVH, because there is no support there.

I know surgery may not be the answer and it is possible that I could end of worse off, but I don't know if I can continue to live the way I am now. It has been almost 2 years of misery.

I have to lose weight too. But it is so hard to exercise, because I am so uncomfortable all the time. Do you feel that way too?

I hope you find relief soon. Do you think you are going to have surgery again? Please keep in touch.

Debbieif
Unread 12-10-2002, 06:35 AM

Hi Debbie,

Yes ABSOLUTELY I find excercise out of the question when I'm in pain all the time. I left the dr's office in tears many times, because they just don't get it and usually make me feel humiliated. My gyn is very good about it, but my reg. doctor really made me feel bad the last time I was in. I cut out all sweets (I'm not perfect,
I have cheated), but as a whole watching my portions, I have been doing pretty well so far taking off 1 pound a week, but it is
slow.

I think the prolapses need to be corrected. I know there's no guarantee, but a hernia is a hernia no matter how you look at it
and I know I don't want to go around with this thing for the rest of my life.

I have heard of women having permanent nerve damage from having their legs up in the stirrups for hours having the surgical procedure (hyst) I wonder if that has contributed to your problem.

I have also heard that antidepressants help with nerve pain. They don't know why it works, but even my gyn has suggested this.

I find what helps the most right now is eating the Fiber 1 cereal every day. This keeps things running smoothly if you know what I mean. I am continuing with my weight loss and hopefully this will help and then I'll go from there. I plan on having the surgery in the summer if things don't improve with the weight loss.

Nel
Unread 12-30-2002, 11:47 AM
Cystocele and Rectocele

Nel,

I'm sorry I haven't replied till now. Things have been busy with the xmas shopping and I had company until Saturday.

I hope you are feeling well. Congratulations on your weight loss. That is terrific. I am having a real hard time losing weight. I hardly do any exercise and I try to walk for exercise.

I have heard of nerve damage too. I am going to ask my doctor about that when I see her again. I am scheduled for surgery on Jan 28th...unless I chicken out and cancel or reschedule. I am so worried about surgery, because of the first time. I never thought I would end up this way from a vaginal hysterrectomy. I think I should of done more research the first time.

Do you think you will have surgery again in the summer? Is it hard for you to sit a long time? It is uncomfortable for me?

I hope your start feeling better soon.

Always,
Debbie

TVH 5-17-01
Unread 12-31-2002, 08:54 AM

Hi Debbie,

Hope your holiday went well. Mine did not go very well, had a death in the family, now am having gallbladder problems. Had
ultrasound yest and just waiting to hear. I could see the stone on the screen...looked like a big bugger to me. I got the inside scoop, as I used to work there, but really not supposed to know, as the tech could get into trouble.

Anyway, yes, sitting for long periods can be terrible. I find if I eat the Fiber-1 cereal every day and keep things running smoothly, I am a lot better off. I am seeing the doctor in March. Since the
20 lb. weight loss, I am feeling better, as the gyn advised. I guess the cystocele is pushing down on the rectocele repair and the weight loss is supposed to help. Also, he started me on Vagifem, and that seems to help also, I find I can make it to the bathroom now in the AM without an accident. The Vagifem makes the muscles stronger, as they weaken from loss of estrogen. You might want to look into that, as it has helped me.

As far as the weight loss, I can't exercise right now either, so I had to cut down to 2 meals a day. I know that is not recommended, but It was the only way the get the weight to start coming off. I eat small amounts all through the day and try to keep between 1200 and 1500 calories a day. I eat a lot of fruit and low fat yogurt for a snack and I try to hold off breakfast until 10:00 AM, so acutally that is a breakfast/lunch meal.

Hope you are feeling better, and keep me posted.

Nel

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register