low abdomin pain getting worse and pain in lower back.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

low abdomin pain getting worse and pain in lower back.... low abdomin pain getting worse and pain in lower back....

Unread 11-06-2002, 07:28 AM
low abdomin pain getting worse....PLEASE HELP....

Hi Ladies, I haven't posted in awhile, I had convinced myself that if I ignored my pain it would just majically go away, found out that doesn't work on this road.
My problem is that my lower pelvic pain that I have had since about 6 months after my adhesion removal seems to be escalating here lately, it seems to come from the same area as before but it radiates back and forth along my original incision line between my hips, it also feels like it is starting to effect my hip joints some how, I am having trouble walking very long and sitting gets uncomfortable after just a few minutes. I stil have the "hot poker" feeling in a couple of areas of my abdomin which increases with eating anything, I dread food anymore, knowing that within a few minutes it is going to start hurting. My lower back pain has increased also, it feels like I have pulled something in my back, but I haven't been doing anything to have pulled a muscle, it is all the way across the lower back area and if I stand too long it starts to feel like my back is being pulled out of wack or something, I had close to the same thing before my rectocele repair but can't see or feel anything that would say the repair has somehow failed and that is causing the pain.
Where do you have pain if you have a kidney infection? Is it down low in your back or up higher by your ribs? I can't remember ever having one so I don't know if this could be the reason for the increase in pain.
I do finally have insurance now but hate to bombard a new doctor with all this at once, I just saw him the other day with a smashed foot and was afraid to say anything to him about all my post hyst problems for fear of him not wanting to do anything about it for me, I figure I will let him know slowely and then maybe I won't freak him out as much..
Gotta run now, I have reached my chair limit....
s to all....
Carmel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2002, 08:45 AM
low abdomin pain getting worse and pain in lower back....

Hi Carmel,

I am so sorry you are feeling so badly again, I know you must be anxious about all of this pain. I would hope you re-think talking to your new DR about everything. I did this once and my diagnosis of Fibromyalgia was slowed down because my DR did not have all the facts. Had I been upfront and told him everything he would not have missed the diagnosis. You could not possibly scare a DR...they hear it all and it is their job to diagnose your problem and if they can't they may send you to one that can!

I hope you find some answers soon!

Patti
Unread 11-06-2002, 09:20 AM

Carmel I would see the doc and see what they say, I did have the same pain as you in my incision and into my groin area prior to my laparotomy......there are times when I feel it a little bit now if I do too much but for the most part either the adhesion removal or the "sewing up of my rectal sheath" (whatever the heck that means) or the simple opening of my hyst incision and sewing it back up (trapped nerve) seemed to help it alot.....hope this helps at all!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2002, 10:32 AM

((((((Carmel))))))

I'm sorry that you are having so much pain still
I know what you mean about ignoring things & hoping that they will just go away - I tend to do that. Unfortunately sometimes when you do that it just ends up being worse because you waited too long to do something.
You really should think about calling your dr. & talking to him about this. I know its hard - I'm going thru it right now with my back pain - kinda like "here we go AGAIN" kind of thing. But you dont deserve to live in pain like that sweetie. If your dr. is worth then he will listen to you & try to help you.
Let us know what you decide to do - we are all here for you whenever you need to vent or talk.

Susan
Unread 11-06-2002, 12:28 PM

Carmel - I guess it's time to call the doctor Sweetie. I know it is a very hard call to make and I always dread it too, but you sound like you need to see someone about this escalating pain.

I have bursitis in my right hip. When it is acting up, it really hurts both hips to sit for very long. They just start aching and burning. I also have Fibro., so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it as well. It is so hard to figure out where the pain is coming from sometimes. A good doctor could pinpoint it for you and give you some relief. I'd give the doctor a chance, anyway. Don't worry about what they think. As Patti said, they have seen and heard it all.

Please contact your doctor and get some answers. In the meantime, here's lots of s for ya!

Lisa
Unread 11-07-2002, 06:10 AM
Thanks Ladies

I know I need to let the doctor know everything that is going on and I promise that I will, I decided that I will set up an appointment with the pretense of just getting a much needed check-up and then go from there, he knows I have had the hyst but didn't go any further in my history than that so this will all be new for him, it is a new gp, we changed insurance so I had to change docs too, so maybe with this new perspective on things we can finally figure out what the best line of defense is for me. he is young, which may or may not be a good thing, but so far with the one visit I have had with him he seems ok. My dh had his first appointment with him yesterday and he isn't so sure if he ikes him or not, said he is too much of an "in your face" doctor, he stays really close to you when he talks or listens, but I find that comforting, that means he is paying attention, right? I sure hope so!! So, I will make an appointment with him and see what happens, he is in a really smal town about 30 minutes from here, the hospital there is 2nd smallest in the state, so you do get very fast care from them.
I wil let you know what happens with me. This is day 4 of the increasing pain and I know I can't continue like this anymore, I had about 2 hours of sleep last night and am now getting pretty cranky because of it all.
s to all of you...take care
Carmel
Unread 11-07-2002, 07:46 AM

{{{Carmel}}}}
Unfortunately ignoring it will not make it go away sweetie. Please do give the doc a call and make a list of all that is going on. This way you won't forget anything once you get your foot in the door.

I'm sending big s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register