Between treatment and scootching my day is shot!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Between treatment and scootching my day is shot!! Between treatment and scootching my day is shot!!

Unread 11-06-2002, 11:45 AM
Between treatment and scootching, my day is shot!

Hey ladies,
I went I scootched and I STUCK to the blasted paper!! Ellen, how in the world did you manage to NOT stick?? I was thinking about you all when my dr. said, ok Susan, scootch down a little!! I nearly cracked up..LOL The gyn onc. poked inside and out, did an abdominal ultrasound and that dreaded vaginal utlrasound, and I tell ya, I had forgotten just how BIG that probe was until today! Good lord!! lol anyway, I had a lot of blood work today. I was just wondering if the ca 125 is just for ovarian cancer?? I KNOW I heard her order a ca 125 with the lab but cannot for the life of me figure out why she would do that. So any info on that? They are trying to get these tests results back by Friday or Monday then we go from there. My gyn onc. said that the only way to find out 100% was to do a Lap. and take a look see but she also mentioned maybe some needle aspirations, YUCK!! we'll see. I'm doing really good considering I didn't get my A+ in scootching but it looks like I may get another try at it in the next week or two! Thanks for all of the encouragement girls, you're all very special to me and you're in my prayers daily.
Love and hugs, and always Angels,
Susan

PS: Maria, I told the nurses that I was moving to Canada if they couldn't find me a cloth sheet and gown next time...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2002, 12:45 PM
Between treatment and scootching my day is shot!!

(((Susan))))

Darlin you can c'mon to Canada anytime my friend!!!!! We will take very good care of you!!
Your appt. sounds like it went well and they sure are checking everything which is really good. Hopefully the wait won't be too long, and the news will be good!!
I won't try to answer the CA question as its not the marker used for me, so will leave that for our more knowledgeable gals.
Just wanted to say that I am glad you did well and I will be keeping you close in thoughts and prayers! I will be scootching my self on Friday and I am going to talk to the staff at my clinic and see if we can't send some sheets and gowns to the States!
Sending big big hugs!!
M. xoxoxo
Unread 11-06-2002, 12:59 PM
You stuck to the paper?

Well, I don't know about that--I'll have to give you scootching lessons as well as continue giving my hippo her lessons! (She's doing very well). Your GYN/ONC sounds super thorough, which is good. It's better to be overtested and have everything checked out than "oh, I think...we can wait." Yes, isn't the probe fun? And when I had mine done, the diagnostic one that took forever, I had a student doing it under the radiology tech's supervision.
CA125 is for ovarian--this is just being super cautious because you had all that out. They're also being extra cautious with the leukemia factor. I hope the test results come Friday vs. waiting for the weekend and that a lap or aspiration isn't necessary. I'll keep praying, of course. I'll also send a manual on how to scootch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2002, 07:59 PM

s Sweet Susan

WOW!!!! It sounds like you really had the works today. All this and chemo too? Hope tomorrow is a rest day for you Susan.
Ovarian cells can remain in the abdomen even after the ovaries are removed. But like Ellen said, they are just being extra careful with you. Please don't worry about this as you wait for the results.
You will be in my prayers all weekend Susan.
And I hope you know how special you are to all of us.
One of my courageous role models. oxooxoxox

s karenann
Unread 11-07-2002, 02:14 PM

Susan, sweetie

How about "Susan sweetie's scooches suffer sans smooth slide."

My next appointment I'm bring a a towel to put on the table. Wonder what the doc will say. I carry around a backpack (always a book for those boring waits at DR, stores, traffic....) so a towel will fit fine.

Your DR sounds very thorough. That's good - get all the tests you can. I agree with Ellen, now is better, waiting always takes a toll.

Only good thoughts and only good results (the words come back to haunt you).

Forever s,
Laura

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register