My appointment went well | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My appointment went well My appointment went well

Unread 11-07-2002, 07:41 PM
My appointment went well

Well....the appt went well..now the wait.....for the test to come back, but my gyn said everything looked fine and was healing nicely. She did say I had a tiny piece of granulation (I think that is what she called it) and that it was very common at the site where the vagina was closed. It actually fell off just from her exam and she put some type of red chemical (anyone know the name)....she said but I cant remember....it stung a bit. I had blood work done, a bone density scan. The blood work will be back on Monday. The bone density showed a bit of bone loss, but not osteo yet....we will repeat in a year. She said to keep up the calcium suppl and to start weight bearing and walking exercise. She also wants me to try Estring to stop the vaginal dryness. It is a very low dose estrogen that is placed in the vagina in a plastic ring. She said that it will help keep everything healthy down there and that such a tiny amount would get into the system that it wouldn't be a problem. She is very much pro keeping off oral estrogen for two years, but said this is the exception. Has anyone heard of this or the granulation thing? She also wants a chest xray, but she put that on the same order she has my mammo on for my next 3 month visit....so I think that is due next time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2002, 07:51 AM
My appointment went well

Hi Chris!

I'm glad your appointment went well. Yes, I have often read about the post-op granulation thing on these boards. It seems to be a common occurance.

...I can't remember the name of the "red stuff" either!

Unread 11-08-2002, 08:10 AM
Love those good appointments!

I'm not sure about granulation or the red stuff (I have ovarian) but sounds as if your GYN is atop things. May the next exam in 3 months be wonderful too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2002, 01:19 PM
My appointment went well

Hi Chris... Glad you appointment went well... I also have an appointment with my oncologist gynocologist on Monday. This will be my 7 month check up. I would be a wreck and nervous except that i just had a bone density test and an abdominal cat scan a few weeks ago and both were absolutely normal and clear. So i am going off to the doctor on Monday with a clear head and alot of self confidence. Keep up the good results.
Rosalie
Unread 11-10-2002, 10:49 AM
My appointment went well

Good job, Chris. I hope to repeat your results!!
s,
Laura
Unread 11-10-2002, 06:16 PM
My appointment went well

Hi Criss!

Glad to hear your appointment went so well! Always nice to hear such GREAT results.

I had my density test done late last year and have been taking Fosamax in addition to the calcium since. It showed Osteopenia and hopefully by now, there hasn't been any more loss.

About the same time, I started taking Vagifem for dryness. I had done some research about both it and the Estring. Both seemed to be viewed very similiarly as far as the estrogen being absorbed. My Dr decided that he was more comfortable with the Vagifem and I've been using that twice a week since. It does help but with only using it twice a week the benefits are somewhat up and down.

I hope the Estring helps some, that dryness can get to be pretty uncomfortable.

{{Hugs}}

Vicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register