12 days post hysterectomy: Pelvic pressure from too much walking? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

12 days post hysterectomy: Pelvic pressure from too much walking? 12 days post hysterectomy: Pelvic pressure from too much walking?

Unread 02-12-2019, 07:08 AM
12 days post hysterectomy: Pelvic pressure from too much walking?

Hello,

I had a robotic assisted laparoscopic total hysterectomy without the removal of ovaries on February 1st. The last two days I have tried to increase my activity level (slowly walking around) including a trip to the store each day (I did not drive). I am feeling pelvic pressure, almost like a swollen vagina since the first day of walking. Is it possible this swollen feeling is a result of too much walking/being on my feet? How did you all find the balance between moving more and not moving too much?

Thank you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2019, 08:09 AM
Re: Pelvic pressure from too much walking?

At 11 days post-op, you're still really early in your recovery. It sounds as if you might have increased your activity levels too quickly. It's a trial-and-error process. Try doing less walking around than you've done the last two days, but more than you did before that.

What worked for me the first couple of weeks was to do 2-3 *short* walks a day in my own neighbourhood. I'd walk until my body just barely started to feel tired, then head for home to rest. That way I always made it home before I was completely exhausted.

Since you've just joined us, here are some of my favourite resources to help guide you through these early weeks:
Also, check out your Recovery Thread at Recovery Progress Reports for Jan 28-Feb 03. Recovery Threads are dedicated threads for women who had surgery the same week as you. They are wonderful for getting support, comparing notes, encouraging others, and posting updates.
Unread 02-12-2019, 08:26 AM

Ok. That makes sense! I’m just overwhelmed by this all. I thought I had researched and prepared adequately but in hindsight it all happened so quickly and I feel completely overwhelmed and worried about everything!

Thank you for the resources as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2019, 08:53 AM

Hi,
Every time that I get up and move around I feel like my abdomen is contracting. So, I do a lot of yoga breaths (breathing out of my mouth) and I try hard to relax. I just shuffle really. I am still in my house. I haven't ventured outside yet. I think that I'll wait until tomorrow. I'd take it easy if I were you. I certainly am dialing my expectations back.
Unread 02-12-2019, 10:46 AM

That is the feeling I got when I overdid it. It's caused from swelling. I would rest with an ice pack and that should help.
Unread 02-12-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama52 View Post
Hi,
Every time that I get up and move around I feel like my abdomen is contracting. So, I do a lot of yoga breaths (breathing out of my mouth) and I try hard to relax. I just shuffle really. I am still in my house. I haven't ventured outside yet. I think that I'll wait until tomorrow. I'd take it easy if I were you. I certainly am dialing my expectations back.
Yoga breathing is actually a really good and gentle exercise for your healing abdominal muscles since it involves breathing using your belly. I also found that it helped with BMs to do yoga breathing when I was sitting on the throne.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register