Concerns- Please Help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Concerns- Please Help Concerns- Please Help

Unread 11-12-2002, 08:02 AM
Concerns- Please Help

Sisters I'm hoping that some of you will have some input while I wait for my doctor to call me back. Last night I was experiencing some pain & discomfort in my swelly belly. This morning I'm feeling cramping & when I go to the bathroom I have some bleeding when I wipe. My back is also hurting which could just be from laying down a lot last evening. Please let me know if this has happened to any of you. Thanks, Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2002, 08:12 AM
Concerns- Please Help

First 's while you wait. Calling the doc is the best thing cuz there could be many explanations for what you are feeling.

First, at albout 2 1/2 weeks post op, I also began some discomfort, (had been feeling wonderful up untill then) and slight back ache, but I do not know if similar to yours or not. I believe mine was from healing process and stitches disolving and the weak ligaments and muscles having to start to work.

Also, Have you had an increase or change in activity? That could be the culprit too. I had some blood on tissue too, but it was not from vagina, it was from hemmerroid. I know the bladder can have many periods of spasms and this is not comfortable at all!! And UTI can develope and cause discomfort too.

Try to remain clam and know you did the smart thing in calling doc. I am sure you will be fine, and are in our thoughts and prayers.

Let us know what happens!! We are here for you!
Unread 11-12-2002, 08:25 AM
Concerns- Please Help

Hey Karen,

Can't give any answers but glad you called your doc and please let us know what he/she says. In the meantime, take it slow and easy.

s and ers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2002, 01:35 PM
Concerns- Please Help

I had something similar about 12 days post op. Felt like I was getting my period had cramps and then a little blood. I think that it was from doing too much the day before. Told my dr about it and she was not concerned but you should call them too. It was a reminder to me to REST REST REST. I am now 7 weeks and feeling pretty darn good! I really did take it easy and will return to work part time next week. I think taking it easy was the best thing I did as I had a great and easy recovery. Good luck.
Unread 11-12-2002, 05:59 PM
Concerns- Please Help

Hello Mz Tuna. I had my surgery on the same day as you. Just like you I started having cramping and lots of back pains. It felt like similar to when I was having an awful period. But 10 times worse! I am glad you called your doctor. That's the best thing since you are bleeding too. I think this new pain for me is from increasing my activities to fast but my doc said that your lower back muscles hurt more because they are taking on more since the abdomen muscles are so weak. I hope that you are getting plenty of rest and feeling better. Are you taking any meds for pain? I am taking Ultram and it has made such a difference,just went to the doc yesterday for all this. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I would love to put one of the Hugs on here for you but haven't figured out how yet. A smile too. Kellie Frausto
Unread 11-12-2002, 06:04 PM
Concerns- Please Help

Several ladies here have reported spotty bleeding at various times during the first month. Seems to be pretty common. For me, it started around 2 weeks and lasted about 10 days. I was only using one light pad a day for it. My doctor said if I was soaking 2 or more pads per day to come in right away, otherwise if it didn't stop by 4 weeks post-op she would touch it with silver nitrate to stop the bleeding in the area of the vaginal vault that may not be healing well. That didn't sound so good, so I was relieved when it stopped! But I've heard since that it isn't that bad (silver nitrate, I mean). The first day it happened, I hopped in bed and stayed there for almost a whole day, but after 3-4 days of hardly doing anything, and it was still happening, I went back to the activity level I had worked up to before, with no change.
It's probably just the 'vaginal vault' healing up, but do give your doc a call for advice to be on the safe side! You're doing great so far!
Hang in there!
Unread 11-12-2002, 06:14 PM
Similar Situation

Hi Karen,

Here is a hug for you. I also had my surgery the same day as you. I had a very bad day today. My back aches and my swelly belly feels really weird. I haven't had problems with bleeding like you. I'm glad you called the Dr. Let us know what he/she says. I see the Dr. on Thurs. I wish there was a guidebook for all the possibilities. Take care and take it easy.
Unread 11-12-2002, 06:37 PM
Concerns- Please Help

Sisters, thank you all for sharing your knowledge with me & for the hugs. My doctor said that it is probably stiches disloving but to rest, rest & rest. I've been doing that & really not doing much although yesterday I emptied the dishwasher for the first & only time since surgery. I had a TAH,ovaries removed, appendectomy, & many fibroids so my swelly belly is pretty banged up. He said as long as I wasn't constipated or running a fever that I should be okay. I have vicodin for pain but haven't been taking much of that. He told me to take Motrin to get inflamation down & to use Benadryl cream on my stomach for the itching. I'll be thinking of all of you. Your are my cyber angels! Hugs, Karen
Unread 11-18-2002, 06:19 PM
Concerns- Please Help

Thank you to all of you for helping to calm my nerves the last few days. I spoke with the doctor this morning & he said that when our internal stiches are disolving that a lot of times blood that has accumlated between the stiches breaks away and we pass it. He thinks it's that also because the blood clots were dark in color & also because I have no fever or bad smell indication a possibly infection. I have also noticed a new pain & burning on my right side. I had a lot of pain in that area prior to surgery & I'm guessing that that's where nerves were cut. I'm going for my five week post op checkup next Tuesday so I'll know more. You're always in my thoughts & prayers! Karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register