Accupuncture? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Accupuncture? Accupuncture?

Unread 11-13-2002, 12:42 PM
Accupuncture?

Hi everybody. I'm still a month pre-op, but I've got a post-op question. Has anyone had any experience using accupuncture to help with recovery from surgery? My sister is suggesting it and says it can help with a lot of stuff, but she's never had surgery. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2002, 01:53 PM
Accupuncture?

Hi Amy, I did a search on the site and found several posts where Accupuncture is at least mentioned. You can do a search at the top of the page. Just put accupuncture in as your subject. I did find one Thread where the lady was having her accupuncture. Here is a link to that thread for you. I hope this helps.
Take care!

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...t=accupuncture

Unread 11-13-2002, 02:05 PM
Acupuncture....................

Hi! Glad you found us ! While I did not use acupuncture after my hyst., I have had great success in the past with various ailments,and think that you should give it a try & see if it helps!! If your sister knows a skilled practitioner, they should be able to be of help to you. Acupuncture can do amazing things that western medicine can't. Let us know what happens, and wishing you an uneventful recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2002, 02:53 PM
accupuncture

Thanks Nancy and Rena. Unfortunately, my sister and her favorite accupuncturist are 3000 miles from where I live. I'll definitely check out the link you mentioned, Nancy, and see what else I can dig up. I wonder if accupuncture cures gray hair?

Rena, I'm where you used to be. I've got fibroids and endo that I didn't know I had. No history of any gynecological problems until I woke up in pain and an ultrasound found a big old cyst on my right ovary - probably endo.

TTYL.
Unread 11-13-2002, 03:05 PM
Accupuncture?

I have had accupuncture in the past for migraines and it helped alot. Last week I had my first accupuncture for surgery recovery (I am now 3 weeks post-op) and for insomnia. I have slept well since the treatment and am going back next week. If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me, but I highly recommend the treatment -- it works for me, anyway.
Unread 11-13-2002, 03:59 PM
acupuncture is awesome!

Amy,
I'm 15 weeks post op and have been receiving twice weekly acupucture since week 7. Although it hasn't cured my insomnia it has given me a great sense of wellbeing and really helped me with the grieving process, pain and swelly belly. I can go in there in tears and have a treatment and by the next day (if not that evening) my mood has stabalized and remains so for a long period of time. I should mention that I was on no HRT for 5 weeks while trying to return to teaching and I know I could not have done so without this treatment. I actually went yesterday and asked her to focus on my blood pressure since it had been high for the last five days and this am when I had it checked the bottom number had decreased by 10 points! It is important that you choose your acupuncturist wisely. The Tai Sophia Institute has a list of graduates from their program and also graduates from the Institute in England. These practitioners treat the whole body, mind and spirit. Be leary of those offering electrical stimulation. If you want more info you can visit their website at www.tai.edu
please email me if you want. as you can probably tell I am a true believer in the power of acupuncture and recommend it highly!
Unread 11-13-2002, 04:08 PM
more info

p.s. look under "Help and Directories" and you can find an acupuncturist by state.
Unread 11-13-2002, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the advice

Thanks, ladies, for all the suggestions and advice. I'll do my homework and look for a good accupuncturist. Maybe it will help with my headaches too. That would be a great bonus.

Amy
Unread 11-14-2002, 03:56 AM
going to try and resume acu end of next week

if I feel up to driving the half hour drive to go see Ginny and if I get assurances her hubby keeps away from me with the needles. Ginny has more talent, is more familiar with the meridians involved for women and isn't uncomfortable with necessary nudity to do points in the belly. Her hubby seems to be going by some mechanical diagram and isn't as effective. Sometimes you can tell when someone is a true healer or not. Ginny just has a "vibe" her hubby doesn't, a genuine caring and concern and belief that she can heal. Sticking a needle into Point A to get Result B is just the tip of the ice berg.

I believe in acu and its underlying theory that we have energy paths in our body that get disrupted. If anything is going to disturb my chi, getting a few hundred internal stitches and a few organs removed will do exactly that. I imagine our starting point with acu coming back in will be to detoxify my liver of all the pain killers and anesthesia agents and regulate my bowel.

Acu is doing wonders with my lower back pain and IBS. Been treated for anal abcesses, scar adhesions, headaches, heck, even the common cold and acu helped it all. I will have to forego any chiro adjustments that require me to lie on my tummy and limit the PT for a few more weeks, but I don't see the harm at three weeks post op lying on my back, getting totally relaxed and doing some acu.
Unread 11-14-2002, 09:55 AM
Accu sounds great

Thanks for your reply. I hope you get to go see Ginny and have a wonderful relaxing treatment! I think you're right. If anything is going to disturb our chi it's being cut open, having organs removed then being stitched up and stapled!

Amy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register