I hate life | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-13-2002, 01:28 PM
I hate life

My dear sisters, life *****! I am so sick of being sick. I had the surgery it has been 1 month now. I am so tired and anemic and the dr has me coming in every 2 weeks. Path came in with abnormalities from the colon, I GIVE UP!!!!! The dr.'s are suing us from all the old surgeries the total are over $61,000.00. The medicare office called last week and has said that they have determined that a total knee replacement is necessary to maintain the quality of life, what quality is what I want to know. I will be 31 on Saturday and I have had more surgeries than anybody twice my age does. I know there are people out there who have it worse but Ii just can't seem to get out of these hum drums. My dh is working his butt off just to try to keep us afloat and we are sinking pretty quickly! The insicion on my tummy is numb and I wonder if that will ever come back and then the corners of it still hurt like the devil sometimes. I am sorry I sound like a overgrown baby but I just feel like giving up sometimes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2002, 02:14 PM
I hate life

Oh Dawn s

I wish I could just be there to do something. Right now everything seems to be crashing down around you. But, just try to hang on. The storm will pass. Until it does, is there anyone that you can go to for emotional support to weather the storm. - a priest, friend, family member, etc. ?

Lets look at everything step by step.

First, you are still healing and keep your healing as a priority. As long as the doctor says you need to keep coming ( and you feel confident in him or her ), then follow his instructions. Forget lawsuits from doctors or financial companies. I know that is easier said than done. But you have got to get well. Are you on anything for the anemia? Be sure that the doctor addresses that. When you are weak you feel it. You have to get strong to heal. You are number 1.

Second, this is EARLY in your recovery. I know that you have several health problems. But, the hysterectomy is major recovery by itself. You will still feel weak at this point. You belly will still be numb. Some doctors say it might last a year. My hyst. was in April. The area was still numb when I went back into surgery last Friday. So, don't worry about that for a while. You are not a baby, your pain is real. It is normal to still be reeling from your surgery.

Third, the knee replacement surgery - is it an emergency? Though necessary can it wait until you are sufficiently recovered from the hysterectomy? If so, just put it on hold. It can be dealt with later, when you are physically and emotionally ready.

Fourth, the financial worries are evident in your letter. I know how difficult this is. But they have to take least priority. Again - easier said than done. If most of these finances are due to medical costs, they can definitely wait. I can't imagine a court trying to collect from someone who is still receiving medical treatment. Can you consult a lawyer (later - when you are stronger) who can advise you? There are lawyers who will consult for free. Call the Bar Association. Check the Yellow Pages.

You are still so young. Your life holds great promise. God will provide. Please do not give up. Reach out for help. There are many people willing to help. They just might not know your situation.

Please keep posting. I am sure you will be overwhelmed at the warm response.

Please take care of yourself.

Rayna
Unread 11-13-2002, 06:38 PM
I hate life

(((((Dawn)))))) I don't blame you for being ovewhelmed by all this, ((((((sweetie))))) Sending tons of s your way. You need them.

You are still very early in your recovery and some of the pain, fatigue and general discomfort could go away as you recover. I agree with the others, you need to concentrate on your recovery. Is there any way that you can get help with all these bills? I'm from Canada and don't know about these things, but it seems to me that there must be agencies out there to help those of you who have ammassed these bills, due to ill health. Don't be shy, and accept anything and everything that might be offerred.

Also, have you mentionned your feelings of depression to your doctor? Even as a temporary measure, they might be able to offer something that would help.

And, once all's been said, feel free to come here anytime you feel like it and to vent: we're your sisters and we're here for you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2002, 08:04 PM
I hate life

((((((Dawn))))))

I'm sorry that you are going thru all this 's
And no, you dont sound like a baby ! Just like you said - you are overwhelmed, we all get like that sometimes. This is the perfect place for you to come - we all care about you
I wish there were something that I could do for you. Please hang in there - it'll get better.
Like Dany said, there must be some kind of agencies out there can give you some kind of assistance.
We are here for you Dawn - dont be shy !

's

Susan
Unread 11-13-2002, 08:14 PM
I hate life

Has your doctor addressed your anemia? Being tired and worn out makes it so much harder to deal with what's going on.

Lots of s and s for you!
Unread 11-14-2002, 02:47 PM
I hate life

((((Dawn)))),
I know how overwhelming it can get exp when your sick all the time along with the stress of financial situations You are so young, I know that can be a double edged sword in how you see things, such as how can all this be happening at such a young age. On the flip side you have your youth on your side and so very much to look forward too, things will get better You have a lot going on at this time. Depression can be a common occurance after this surgery and it is treatable. I too suffer from depression which is being treated and it has changed my outlook on life immensley Please look into this possibility...Hang in there Dawn! I often have to remind myself that God will never place more upon my shoulders than I can handle....
Please keep us posted and I will be praying that you will soon find some in your life...(((hugs)))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register