Newbie | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-15-2002, 11:17 PM

I have been checking in frequently, but have not yet posted. I'm 3 weeks post for a radical TAH for cervical cancer, and am happy to say my path report on my nodes was clean.
Having this resource has been a life-saver, as I'd not had major surjery before, and was not sure if what I'm experiencing is "normal" or was something wrong with me. I was sent home 4 days post op and 2 days later was back in the hospital for a staph infection. I was sent home for the second time still with a supra pubic catheter. This, I just got rid of today. What a relief! I would like to hear from others with this cancer.
Thanks and hugs to all who keep up this site.

Karin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2002, 11:54 PM

Hi Karin,

I'm so happy you got a clean report! I don't often respond in this forum, but since we're both on the West Coast, wanted to give you some z!!

It's always rewarding to know that we've helped someone, and I'm sure you'll get a lot of info from the wonderful ladies on this board!

to your health!
Unread 11-16-2002, 03:27 AM

Hi Karin and welcome!

I'm glad you've decided to post. Good news that you are home and recovering and that your cath is gone, and great news about the path report!

I had a radical TAH BSO for cervical cancer also, and like you, I was so very fortunate that the path report from my lymph nodes came back clear. I haven't needed any further treatment, other than keeping a rigorous follow-up schedule for PAP's with my ONC GYN.

When I was diagnosed with my cancer, I started my internet search for information and I'm happy to say that I found this Site. I had no clue what to expect and being able to share experiences, and read about others was a real life-saver for me and helped calm my fears.

Best wishes and s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2002, 05:58 AM

Hi Karin!

What wonderful news on your path report!!! EXACTLY what we love to hear!!!

I'm glad you decided to post and share your news. I'm sorry you had to have a repeat visit to the hospital and hope that your healing is progessing well.

Please keep us posted on how you're doing.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 11-16-2002, 07:47 AM
Congratulation

Karin,

I am glad that your path report was clear. I too am diagnosis with cervical cancer, athough mine was not discovered til after my TAH/BSO, so now, I have to go thru chemo and radiation to get rid of the remaining bad cells. Please keep us updated with your progress
Unread 11-16-2002, 08:30 AM
Welcome Karin

How wonderful that your path report came back clean! Whew! Sorry about that second hospital stay for staph--probably picked it up there. I'm always really concerned about that but at least the catheter is gone and now you're on the way to full recovery. Keep posting! Ellen
Unread 11-16-2002, 09:08 AM

Welcome Karin,
Two great things in order of importance - a good path report and finding this wonderful website. I don't know how I would have been the past 5 months without these ladies.

Since you've been reading for awhile, you know I say women are stronger than cancer and with this group of women, we're all ahead of the game.

Be sure to post whenever you're , :cry:ing or need a or a .
Laura
Unread 11-16-2002, 11:58 AM

Hi Karin!

Congratulations on your path report and getting rid of the cath. Take good care of yourself and come back to let us know how you're doing.

Unread 11-16-2002, 12:52 PM

Congratulations Karin,
on your great results. I had a TAH in Aug 02, for cervical cancer. When the path report came back it showed invasive, so back into the castle in Oct. This time I was sent home with the supra pubic cath, boy was I glad when it was removed 3 weeks later. My path report shows the same as yours, no cancer present in lymphnodes or surrounding tissue. What a relief.
Remember to still take it easy, even if the catheter is out. If you like you can e-mail me.
Andrea
Unread 11-16-2002, 03:56 PM

Hi Karin
This is definitely a wonderful site and some of the bravest and warmest women on the web post here. I have been diagnosed with CIN III and doctors are recommending a hysterectomy. In my quest for knowledge and companionship I found myself here. I have gotten some wonderful advice and comfort. Great to hear your nodes were clear and I hope you are now on your way to a speedy recovery. Hugs to all of you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register