Tummy Tuck question. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tummy Tuck question. Tummy Tuck question.

Unread 11-17-2002, 07:41 PM
Tummy Tuck question.

I have a question about tummy tucks that I am hoping you ladies can help me out with.

For those of you who had a tummy tuck done at the same time as your hyst....(or anyone who might know the answer to these questions).......Did the suregeon who did your hyst also do your tuck or did you have a plastic surgeon come in to do the tummy tuck?

I have to go back into surgery to have a femoral hernia repaired and also (I hope) an LSO. I know that the dr I am seeing does tummy tucks himself and I am wondering if this is unusual. I am very excited about the thought of a tummy tuck and wanted to get you ladies opinion on having my gyn do it while he is in there. I feel quite certain that all I am going to need is the mini-tuck since I seem to only have the fat deposits and loose skin below my belly button AND I would really prefer to not have to have a "new" belly button created which I am to understand is usually done with the regular tummy tuck procedure.

Any input would be great. Thanks again Ladies.

Love and 's Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2002, 07:34 AM
What one surgeon told me

I asked about having a tummy tuck when I have my hernia repair. I was sent to a plastic surgeon who encouraged me to have my hernia repair first, maintain a weight I wanted to stay at for a year, and then come back if I was still really interested. I assume he's thinking I won't be. I have definitely heard of women having the tummy tuck in conjunction with other surgeries. My GP favours doing one thing at a time in most cases, as he thinks it is easier to tell then what's wrong if something goes wrong. Obviously there are other opinions, this is just what I have been told by the two doctors I spoke to.

Joselle
Unread 11-22-2002, 01:15 PM
Tummy tuck answers

Hey Dawn...
Just saw your post, and thought I would reply. I had a TAH/BSO and tummy tuck on 6/25/02. I had a plastic surgeron do my TT after the Gyn did the hysterectomy. The total time for both was about 4.5 hours. I got lots of help and answers to all my questions by posting on this website, and believe me it has been a Godsend! Feel free to send me a private message or e-mail me at [email protected], if you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to share my experience!
Also, if you search under tummy tuck there are all the postings about TT and hysterectomies!
Good luck
Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2002, 06:37 PM
Tummy Tuck question.

A friend of mine had a TAH and tummy tuck on 10/8. A plastic surgeon did the TT. She says the result was wonderful. Only wish I had thought that far ahead. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Unread 11-23-2002, 08:07 PM
Tummy Tuck question.

I met with a plastic surgeon to check into a TT -- wanting to have it done at same time as hyst. The plastic surgeon said the TT was a "kick you in the butt" kind of surgery, and that our bodies go thru enough with hyst -- to schedule TT for a different time.

He said it's pretty grueling to have a TT. Now that I am a few years post-hyst, I would like to do it, but I remember the discomfort with the hyst and I am not sure I want to put myself thru that again. However, I hate to do ab exercises, so maybe ...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register