3 days post hysterectomy: Belly sore with and without the binder | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 days post hysterectomy: Belly sore with and without the binder 3 days post hysterectomy: Belly sore with and without the binder

Unread 10-07-2019, 10:40 PM
3 days post hysterectomy: Belly sore with and without the binder

Hi I am finally home after staying overnight at the hospital for my hysterectomy and even though the hospital gave me a binder I am noticing that my stomach is really sore and tender if I walk around the house or try to sleep. Is this normal after 3 days ? I hate to call my doctor for every little issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2019, 01:07 AM
Re: Belly sore with and without the binder

It's completely normal. Your poor belly has been stretched where they inflated you with gas to allow for the laparoscopic surgery, plus you've had a load of things cut and just generally moved about internally! It'll take a while for all that to settle down so give it time, you should start noticing it being less sore when you are resting (although it may still flare up when you move about - it's surprising how much you use your core just pottering about slowly).

A good rule of thumb for when to call you doctor about symptoms is when they get worse not better and you can't think of a reason for it (like your pain increases when you've just been sat relaxed and quiet), even if the getting better is very slow sometimes!
Unread 10-08-2019, 06:12 AM
Re: 3 days post hysterectomy: Belly sore with and without the binder

and

I agree with PrincessWolfie - this isn't like getting over a stomach bug. Recovery really has to be measured in terms of weeks rather than days. To help you know what to expect for these next 6 weeks, these are some of my preferred resources to share:Also, I'd like to invite you to join your Recovery Thread for women who had surgery the same week as you. Recovery Threads are wonderful for getting support, comparing notes, encouraging others, and posting updates. You can find your week at Recovery Progress Reports for Sep 30-Oct 06. I'm guiding that particular thread, and will say that no one there is pain-free at this point - if the ladies there are off the narcotics, they're still taking ibuprofen and acetaminophen. We'd love to have you join us!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register