Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Unread 11-21-2002, 12:41 AM
Thumbs up - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

My two DS's (ages 9 and almost 13) and I went to see Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets this week. We decided it was quite a bit scarier than the first Harry Potter movie, but also better.

If you liked the first movie, you'll love this one... unless you have a spider phobia or can't stand the sight of snakes . Professor Gilderoy Lockhart is perfectly AWFUL, just as you'd expect. Lucius Malfoy is, also as expected, a slime ball, bearing a certain resemblance to Professor Snape in both appearance and speech, at least in our opinion. The Whomping Willow and the flying car are amazing!

Three , way up, for Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2002, 01:59 AM
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

I read in the Internet Movie Data Base that the spider scene was seriously trimmed for release in Germany in order that under-sixes be allowed to see it.

A bit funny when you think of all those rather grim Grimm's fairy tales!
Unread 11-21-2002, 10:49 PM
Smile - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Thanks , I can't wait to see it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2002, 08:15 PM

I agree with Linda, I liked this one better than the first, and so did my daughter, although we liked the first Harry Potter also. The kids seemed more comfortable in their roles, and the action was great. A little more violent towards the end, than the first, but overall very well done. Definitely a thumbs up!!

Take care

Unread 12-27-2002, 01:37 PM

I finally got to see the new Harry Potter. I did enjoy it. (But man oh man, they really do need to put an intermission in the middle of those, I about don't make it to the end ). It was scarier, but the action scenes were great.
Unread 12-29-2002, 03:18 PM
Thumbs up - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Harry Potter

Absolutely loved it! My whole family loves Harry Potter. We have the books as well as vhs and dvd of the first movie! I do agree that there should be a 10-15 minute intermission for the long movies.
Unread 12-30-2002, 02:05 AM

Especially movies for kiddies, esp. scarey movies for kiddies?

I'm going to see it next week, at long last!
Unread 12-30-2002, 06:57 AM

Marian, I think if the kids have read the story, then they know what happens, and will be alright with it. The creatures are just better created and do appear to be much more realistic (if you can call magical creatures that ). It's just a little more intense than the first. It does basically follow the book though.
Unread 12-30-2002, 07:12 AM

Don't I remember how much we loved a good scare as children! There was a program on BBC World (TV) about Peter Pan, and how much children love to be frightened by it, because they know how unreal it is.

But I was thinking of the theatre seats -- I read that when Snow White was first shown in 1930 whatever it was

1) the first full length cartoon for kids

2) and was considered the scariest thing in the movies for kids to date

Theatre owners complained about how they had to sponge off the seats!
Unread 12-30-2002, 08:29 AM

Marian, That's too funny I don't know if they have to clean off the seats for the fear in this one anymore (plus, they are all cloth anymore, aren't they?), but don't buy a very large soft drink. This one is as long as the first one and I just about don't make it to the end. They really do need an intermission during these long movies for the kids and us older folks . My DD said that Lord of the Rings was even longer than Harry Potter. I think I'd either have to be thirsty or just miss a few moments of it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register