Strange Pains 10 Weeks Post Op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Strange Pains 10 Weeks Post Op Strange Pains 10 Weeks Post Op

Unread 11-23-2002, 03:31 PM
Strange Pains 10 Weeks Post Op

Hi All,

I will be 10 weeks post op on Monday and have been having some strange pains the last couple of days. I am having a dull pain on the lower right side and am feeling some discomfort around the vaginal cuff area. No bleeding or fever, just these nagging dull pains. I have been careful not to lift anything heavy yet so that's not it. I have noticed the bladder spasms again and when my bladder empties, the dull pain on the right side is there.

I have had a pretty uneventful recovery and have been back to work (office manager) since week 5. Mostly sitting or standing. Are these pains normal?

Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2002, 03:38 PM

Hi Maria!

I'm sorry you're feeling these pains ~ it might be a good idea to have the DR take a look.

DRs say it takes up to a whole year to be completely healed from this surgery, so it's not uncommon to feel some pain, pressure, and twinges here and there from time to time for a few months after surgery.

Things inside get very bruised and wounded during surgery, and it doesn't take much during the first few months to aggravate it, whether you're lifting or not. Just sitting for long periods could be a culprit. Infection could cause additional pain. I hope that's not it in your case, though.

Please let us know what the DR says, and keep us posted on how you're feeling. I hope you feel better very soon!

s,
Unread 11-23-2002, 04:29 PM

Thank you toonces for the reply. I am one to worry about things like this, especially since I kept my ovaries. I will call my doctor and see what she says.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2002, 05:29 PM

I had a constant dull aching pain in my lower right side at about your stage of recovery. My doctor believed it was because my rectus sheath was tight. He had me do some stretches where I arched my back as far rearward to stretch it. He said not to do it to the point of pain just to the point that you feel it stretching. He told me to do it several times a day.

I'm now 4.5 months post-op. The last few days I've noticed the lower right side again. I'm going to try the stretching thing again. I went to the doctor last Friday about a vaginal discharge & am waiting for the results of that also.

Becky

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register