chemo day 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-27-2002, 07:25 AM
chemo day 3

I got thru the first 7 hr day of Taxol and cisplatin felt fine'

Yesterday it was 6 hours of cisplatin and ifosfamide and I was ok last night, just very tired and spacier than usual.
This morning I woke up and drank a cup of coffee ad barfed. My head aches and my linbs feel very heavy. Is this normal?Today I am having just the ifosfamide and then two weeks off. They gave me zofran and reglan, but I was instructed to not take them until toorrow morning. I know the hair will soon go, and I'm thinking about just shaving it now. Have any of you done that?
ray:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2002, 07:57 AM
Be sure you let your Dr. know you Barfed this a.m.

There are other medications that they can give you that really do a good job of keeping that ing to a minimum or nonexistent. Taxol may be causing the heavy limbs/joint pains. These will ease but they're miserable--however, I only had them with the first taxol treatment and never after. Just stay well-hydrated and keep your Dr. notified if anything alamring happens. As for the :hair:, mine was always short and when it started to come out in clumps I went and had it buzzed at a beauty shop. Hang on as long as you wish with it--your call.
Unread 11-27-2002, 03:07 PM
chemo day 3

Debbie,

I didn't have chemo and can't comment on your concerns, but I can send you lots of 's and 's.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2002, 03:27 PM
chemo day 3

s Deb

I was wondering how you were making out!!! Sounding determined and strong as per your usual!!! Go girlfriend.
That oral zofran worked great for me. Hopefully once you start it, no more vomiting will occur. If it does, let the doc know so you can try something else.
Your hair will definitely be gone before the next chemo cycle begins. I used to run my fingers through my hair to see how much would come out. At about day 15 I went ahead and shaved my head. Once it was gone, I found I no longer grieved for it. Eyebrows and lashes took three cycles of chemo before they left.
As for the spaciness........ I am still waiting for that to pass!!!!! You are now a member of the chemo fog club.
Have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy your two week break.
Keep in touch. Know we are here for you always.

karenann
Unread 11-28-2002, 12:11 PM
chemo day 3

Hi Debbie...Hang in there...
I had 6 treatments of taxol and carboplatin. The day after the treatment i was fine. Day 2 and 3 after i felt like i was hit by a mack truck..I kept telling people that "my bones just hurt". that is how i felt. nothing in particular...just achy all over and it made me miserable. Now for the nausea... I never had any!!! The doctor gave me anti nausea meds to take. Had to take one pill for 3 to 4 days after the treatment. Worked like a charm. Now the hair..mine fell out after the second treatment. cut it short if you can. I just could not bring myself to do that and i was wrong. the hair just clumped out..Didn't you hear me screaming and crying by your house??? lol
I finished treatment in September and the hair is growing back. My regular color was dirty blonde and now i have wavy black...who knows..at this point any hair will do.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and feel good.
Rosalie
Unread 11-30-2002, 07:32 PM
chemo day 3

{{Debbie}}

I hope you had an easier time with that third day than you did the second. I had pretty good luck with the Zofran. I used that in addition to Kytril during the day and then used Ativan at night so didn't have any problems at all with vomiting.

I did have a terrible time with joint pain and very bad fog with the Taxol round. I can't really give you any tricks to offset the fog except take LOTS of notes and a good point is that the worst of it faded pretty quickly after finishing.

I took mega doses of Vitamin B6, which helped not only with the joint pain but also with the neuropathy I had with that round. If it continues or gets worse, you might want to check into something like that.

Oh, forgot to add, did the buzz thing on my hair as well. I think it was right around my second treatment. First I cut the bulk of it off (was fairly long prior), then buzzed it shortly after.

I hope you are feeling better and can enjoy the next two weeks off. Let us know how you're doing when you have a chance. Sending lots of {{hugs}} your way.

{{Hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 12-02-2002, 07:51 PM
chemo day 3

I did the standard 6 rounds of Taxol and carboplatin and found the achiness and bone pain to be the worst part. It usually came on days 2-4. I took Vicodin at the worst times and it helped to get me out of bed and fixing myself meals.

I used Zofran and occassionally Ativan for nausea and they
worked like a charm. Never once

I went out and bought myself a very cute wig after treatment #1, took it to the hairdresser to "finish up" then right after treatment #2 went back to the hairdresser and had her shave off all of my hair. It started to fall out and I really didn't want to watch it go bit by bit. I walked out of the salon with my "new" hair and got loads of complements, even from strangers! I strongly recommend that if you are going to do a wig, take the time to find one that you REALLY like. If you feel good in it, it helps you get through the hard times.

My hair is growing back now and I don't need to wear the wig, but I do sometimes just for a change. My best friend threw me a "welcome back hair" party and I sent invitations with my bald picture on it. I invited people to draw in some hair and bring it with them to the party. What a hoot!

Hang in there, this will all get better for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register