Clothes don't fit | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Clothes don't fit Clothes don't fit

Unread 11-29-2002, 06:23 AM
Clothes don't fit

I had TAH on 19 Nov and I still cannot fit into any of my pants. Also, one side of my abdomen is way larger than the other side. Even my underwear causes discomfort. I went to Wal-Mart (rode in one of their electric buggies) and bought a couple of outfits a size too large (talk about derpessing). How long before I can expect to get back into normal size clothing? Thanks to this board for sharing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2002, 06:57 AM
Clothes don't fit

It sometimes takes a while for that dreaded to go down.

I couldn't get into my normal underwear for about 7 weeks. I couldn't stand anything on my stomach.

Hang in there, it does get bettter
Unread 11-29-2002, 07:03 AM
Clothes don't fit

It took me a good 4 weeks to get into my clothes
comfortably. I am still ready to get my jeans off when
I walk in my house. I like the loose drawstrings pants
on my belly. I still get bloated very easily..

Stacy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2002, 07:25 AM
Clothes don't fit

Same here, a month post-op, the jeans will go on, but buttoning them is another story. It's driving me nuts, too. I'm trying to be patient.
Unread 11-29-2002, 08:01 AM
Clothes don't fit

Hi Sweetie,

I lived in oversized track suits (they belong to dh) for the whole six weeks. I didn't even bother with underwear as it was more annoying than anything else.

You're healing hon. Just put on whatever feels comfortable and not constricting. You'll find week three is a major turning point in recovery. I found at 4 weeks that I was feeling like my old self again, for the most part. It just takes time, hon.

Unread 11-29-2002, 08:07 AM
Clothes don't fit

I hear you on this one. I'm 2 & 1/2 weeks post op, TAH 11/11 & I'm having LOTS of concerns about my big belly. It's big since I woke up from surgery & then swelly belly arrives late in the day. I know that swelly belly will eventually go away, but what about the overall abodominal swelling? The left side of my incision looks more swollen than anywhere else. What causes this?
Unread 11-29-2002, 09:09 AM
Clothes don't fit

Don't mean to be discouraging, but at 6 weeks I'm only fitting into my largest size pants. Went out last night in my good black suit. Fortunately the long jacket hid the fact that the skirt zipper was half undone.
I bought a new jumper, no waist and that's what I wear most days. As soon as I come home I put on my sweats or pj"s. There's some hope, 3 weeks ago I couldn't even wear my pj bottoms, the elastic was too tight. Now they're okay.
Hang in there.

Unread 11-29-2002, 09:48 AM
Clothes don't fit

I don't want to discourage anyone, but I'm 10 weeks post op, and my abdomen is still swollen. I can fit into all my clothes, but I have a "pot belly" protruding above my incision that I didn't have before I grew this monster fibroid and had my surgery. It's smaller than it was a month ago, and I'm hoping it will continue to shrink. I've always had a flat abdomen. It's depressing.

I'm still not wearing regular slacks/jeans with zippers. I CAN fit into them, but my abdomen is still tender and pull-on pants/sweats are still the most comfortable.

That's just my

Best wishes to all,

BlondieA770
Unread 11-29-2002, 11:38 AM
Clothes don't fit

Hi everyone,

I had TAH on Nov 18 and since then have been wearing loose drawstring lounging pants, but i did put on jeans a couple of times and they fit okay. I was so big before with two grapefruit-size fibroids, that my husband says my stomach looks hollow now.
It feels like everything moves around in there unless i wear the elastic belt from the hospital. Still plenty of pain with walking and getting up and down. I look forward to each new day to see if it brings improvement. Good luck and a quick recovery to all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register