Another Scootcher | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Another Scootcher Another Scootcher

Unread 11-29-2002, 03:49 PM
Another Scootcher

Had my appoint with my gyne-onc (rescheduled because I was in the hosp). I have never been very athletic and never dreamed of entering the olympics---so-- with regret I confess that I tore the paper sheet and gave myself a 5 on a 1 to 10 scale. I do have to see him again in Feb. So maybe if I practice I will be a contender for the scootch medal of honor.

My check-up was good. I'm half through with my chemo, and my clots in my leg are improving. I love the scootch reports. Perhaps someone could write a book about technique, etc.

Ruth S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2002, 04:11 PM
Another Scootcher

Great news Ruth!!
So glad your appt went well, and that sounds like a great scootch to me!! 5 out of 10 is very good!! I bet it was closer to an 8 .

Glad to hear the legs are improving!! You have certainly had a rough go of it! I hope your chemo is going well and you aren't having too rough a time with it!!
Hugs
Maria
Unread 11-29-2002, 04:26 PM
Congratulations on Good Report

and I'm glad that those clots are improving as well. You've had a rough time of it and deserve a good report and no more problems! May chemo side effects be minimal and manageable and may that chemo clobber those cancer cells! Scootching tip--try not to get restless waiting for Dr. but remain quietly seated on the paper. Sit at the very end of the exam table. Move slowly and gently. Next time--a perfect 10!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2002, 06:40 PM
Another Scootcher

s Ruth

I'm glad to hear you are halfway done with your chemo? How is it treating you? Also glad to hear those clots in your legs have settled down.
Maybe scootching will be the event of the future for all of us post menopausal unathletic women. But I certainly hope it's not a televised event.
You sound great, keep up the good attitude.

karenann
Unread 11-29-2002, 07:16 PM
Another Scootcher

Your report was very good, and the halfway mark is great too.

soon you'll be all done and feeling good.

Sorry about the scootch, better luck on your next visit.
Unread 11-29-2002, 07:22 PM
Another Scootcher

WOO-HOO RUTH!!

So glad to hear your appointment went well and that you are half finished with your chemo. What wonderful news! As far as the scootch technique, well, be patient with yourself. I'm sure the extra bedrest time from your clots made your technique just a little rusty. Not to fear--just follow Ellen's tips above and you'll get extra points just for not tearing the paper. At least you didn't leave the exam room with the paper still attached .

Hang in there, Ruth! We're all cheering for you as you get through the second half of your chemo!

Unread 11-30-2002, 06:39 PM
Another Scootcher

{{Ruth}}

Way to go gal!!! Sounds like an excellent scootch to me!

I'm so glad to hear your doing better with the clots, that's wonderful!

WOW! You're already halfway done with your chemo?? That's great!!! Time sure does fly doesn't it?

Now, are you monitored by blood work as well? Have you had any of that done??? Sorry if I'm not remembering correctly.

I hope your side effects are and will continue to be minimal. Now the countdowns on for the second half of the treatments!!! Its all downhill from here! You go girl!!!

{{Hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 12-01-2002, 04:31 AM
Another Scootcher

Thanks All
Vicki- my last CA 125 was an 8. That was the best news I could get. I get weekly blood tests for the Coumadin (blood thinner) I'm on. Apparently, Chemo can make the Coumadin levels crazy so my onc watches them closely.
Take Care
Ruth

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register