The no sex thing | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The no sex thing The no sex thing

Unread 11-30-2002, 05:33 PM
The no sex thing

I am just over one week post op. I fully intend to wait for final clearance before engaging. But my question is, how about cuddling and snuggling and other fun stuff? Did anyone have any limits on that?

If I can find a comfortable position, we snuggle, but that's about it. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

PS... why do I feel so good these days? It's a little frightening how good I feel, I'm afraid I might do something stupid because of it.

Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2002, 06:06 PM
The no sex thing

Hi Emerald66

You probably feel good because there may be residual anesthesia in your system masking pain. And if you're taking any pain meds, that may be a contributor as well.

About sex...my libido never really went away, but I was concerned (as was my DH) that if we did much more than snuggle we wouldn't stop. When I got the all clear from my doc at 6 weeks, we had champagne on ice and a really romantic dinner by candlelight --- and it was wonderful

Please keep in mind that all doctors seem to vary on instructions EXCEPT for the "nothing in the vagina for 6 weeks" rule. Mine even said, "Not until I examine you to make sure you're healed."

z
Unread 11-30-2002, 06:08 PM
The no sex thing

Check with your doc...my doc (at two weeks) said no intercourse until 6 wks, however, he said any creative "outercourse" was fine. Everyone's different and for some women any kind of sex at one or two weeks is the furthest thing from their mind. Listen to your body and remember no matter how good you feel, you have just had MAJOR surgery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2002, 06:23 PM
The no sex thing

At two weeks, my DH and I had the most romantic evening without intercourse. Surprisingly he did get me to climax. However, that was painful. So I am going to wait until the rest of the 6 weeks is up.
I have come up with a few creative ways to help him through the waiting period. The result was that I can heal, he is happy and he vacuumed the stairs.

I just visited one of the other message boards about this subject. You absolutely!!! want to wait to have intercourse as the complications are rather serious and not!!!!!!!!!!! worth the risk.

See the reply posts to "Rather embarassing problem" for the link to why this is such a risk.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register