PELVIC CAT SCAN SHOWS A MASS..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

PELVIC CAT SCAN SHOWS A MASS..... PELVIC CAT SCAN SHOWS A MASS.....

Unread 08-02-2000, 08:52 AM
PELVIC CAT SCAN SHOWS A MASS.....

Well after a very hopeful weekend with all my test results that far coming out fine, I felt a lot of tension lift from me. Unfortunatly on monday morning my daughter called to tell me that my doctor needed to talk with me. So I borrowed the cordless phone out of the office and called him. He really wanted to tell me this in person but I would not hang up until he told me what the cat scan found. He said there is a pronounced mass in the area of my colon, bladder and part of my intestiness. I was in such shock my conversation went into confused shock. He asked me where I was and I said work. He told me to take an Ativan for my nerves to calm down. No use I didn't bring the right purse. He insisted that I see him as soon as possible which is today at 1:30. The whole way home from work all I could think of is that my obgyn had me cut wide open how could he miss this? Was this a result of my surgery? What is it?
To top it all off my step mother's sister is a nurse at another near by hospital and she told me that sometimes the doctors and nurses don't count the gauze/ packing correctly and leave it behind. I am so sick with worry again I can't eat or sleep. I'm acting very recluse and am now feeling doomed!
Won't somebody please give me some insight into whats going on?
I'm telling my doctor I want to know now not a week or even a month from now.
He has spoken with my obgyn but thus far I havn't heard from him.
I'm Praying REAL HARD!
Sherrie TAH 5/17/00
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2000, 08:59 AM

Hi Sherri, I don't have any answers for you but wanted to let you know that I'll be praying for you today.
{{{{HUGS}}}}
Unread 08-02-2000, 12:16 PM

Just a quick post, Sherrie, to let you know I also said a prayer for you. You'll be in your meeting shortly. Hope you get some reassuring anwers. Please keep us posted. {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2000, 12:30 PM

Sherrie:

You'll be in my thoughts and I will be praying for you. Let us know how you are doing please!

((hugs)) Lisa
Unread 08-02-2000, 02:04 PM

I just wanted you to know I would be thinking of you also. I can only imagine how hard this waiting has been for you, but hopefully, you will have some answers by the time you read this post. I will be keeping you in my prayers.

Gentle ((((((hugs)))))

Love
Unread 08-02-2000, 03:46 PM

You are in my thoughts also keep us posted((((((HUGS))))))))
Unread 08-02-2000, 06:19 PM

Prayers comming your way. Please let us know what happens.
Darn that purse thing!!!! God Bless, Babs
Unread 08-02-2000, 07:05 PM

{{Sherrie}} Gotta love that name I had a mass show up on a CT Scan 11 weels postop from Hyst. I had a Lap surgery 6 days later. Mine was Scar Tissue that had wrapped around my right ovary. There is another Sister Berta who had the same thing show up 6 months postop and hers was Scar Tissue also. Mine wasnt there pre hyst and it was a result of the Hyst. During that surgery they removed my right ovary through a 1 inch incision. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. Please let us know what the Doc says.
Unread 08-02-2000, 08:48 PM

Keeping you in my thoughts, dear sister.

((gentle hugs)) coming your way.

Please continue to keep us posted, when you can. I know this is a difficult time for you - we are here for you when you need us.
Unread 08-02-2000, 08:53 PM

(((((Sherrie)))))
I know how you must feel Sherrie. Please hang in there - we are sending all our positive thoughts and prayers your way. Hopefully the waiting for you will be over soon. Things don't always turn out how we expect do they? I went in for suspected endo and was so relieved to find that my ovary was stuck to my cuff and I had adhesions that they zapped off - that was 3 days ago and I do feel a lot better already. Stress in these situations is enormous but that's what we are here for to help you through.
Luv
Lily

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register