TUESDAY DECEMBER 3RD..........only 22 shopping days til Xmas!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TUESDAY DECEMBER 3RD..........only 22 shopping days til Xmas!!!! TUESDAY DECEMBER 3RD..........only 22 shopping days til Xmas!!!!

Unread 12-03-2002, 05:32 AM
Tuesday, Dec 3 2002

Hi all
May I begin by introducing myself. My name is Denise aka Newfie I have been a member of hystersisters for just over a year now.....

So sorry I have not been here in a couple of weeks, didn't mean to make anyone worry. Its been just totally nuts around here lately. A good nuts, nothing bad happening other than the flu, but tis the season for that. I just have not had time to get to the computer, I don't know where my days are going but before I know it, its time for bed and I haven't got here at all during the day.

Today is weigh in day for me, I am pretty certain I have gained but we will see. I am ok with that since my eating this past week or so has been so off program. I have 26 lbs to go to reach my goal and I am going to be there by summer. Wow now that I said that I think I can do it.

I will catch up to you all with any luck now on a regular basis. I do think of you everyday even though I am not here, and keep you in my prayers. You all have become a very important part of my life. My sisters (don't have any bio sisters but have many cybersisters) got me through some of the toughest times of my life in the past year.

Hugs
Denise

PS Remember that major stress we were having with a neighbor about our land. Well we got a letter from his lawyer yesterday and its all over, he is not laying anymore claim to our land. Its like the weight of the world got lifted from my shoulders. This had been going on since August. Maybe now I can get down to some serious weight loss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2002, 05:42 AM
Cool - TUESDAY DECEMBER 3RD..........only 22 shopping days til Xmas!!!! TUESDAY DECEMBER 3RD..........only 22 shopping days til Xmas!!!!

Hi y'all!!

Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days......just been busy. I wrote this whole long post the other night answering everybody's posts for that day and then it disappeared when I clicked "submit" (grrrr I hate it when that happens!) and I got fed up and shut the computer off

I have been doing great getting my exercise in and am staying fairly OP..........haven't been getting enough water in on some days though (like Sundays when I don't go to the gym). Don't seem to be losing right now but don't seem to be gaining either.
I can deal with that.

Traci -- when I refer to you guys in conversation I call you "The Best Bunch" (remind you of The Brady Bunch anybody?? ) and if anybody asks me what that is I tell them the diet and exercise gang at Hystersisters. I also find myself now and then wanting to say "my dh" in conversation and people look at me and say "your WHAT?" When Dawn (toolgrl) and I get together and go shopping or something we talk in Hystersister code all the time and get some strange looks from people.........but it's a good opening to tell people about Hystersisters.

I'm headed to the gym and can't address everybody from yesterday but just wanted to start off the morning -- GOOD MORNING Y'ALL!! and I'll check back later!

Have the BEST day! Water, exercise and OP food choices!!

Ann

P.S.. Hey Denise.......Welcome back!! You and I posted at the same time this morning so I merged the threads. Good to see ya again!!
Unread 12-03-2002, 05:43 AM
TUESDAY DECEMBER 3RD..........only 22 shopping days til Xmas!!!!

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, Denise!!!

So glad that chapter with your neighbor is over & things are looking up, up, up!

The committment to your health that you expressed is terrific & will certainly bring you to your goal!!

Bravo, Denise & it's so nice to her from you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2002, 07:03 AM

Hi everyone,
I never got back last night, the day continued to be wild, so I overate spaghetti, walked the dogs and went to bed. I did pass on having a cookie for dessert - yay!

So special hugs to everyone I missed yesterday, and welcome back Denise, and everyone have a super super day today. I WILL be back tonight, and I feel pretty good about being OP today.

OP OP OP OP

Desk
Unread 12-03-2002, 09:30 AM

S TO ALL!!!!
well, I'll try this again.... puter froze when I was posting!

It is a much brighter day here...everyone is much better & it will be an OP day for me...I can feel it happening.

Once I get done with the cleaning and laundry, I will be off to town to do my long list of "to do" errands. Then to curves late afternoon. Good food, water & exercise!

Denise - you sound so releived...and with that emotional weight now off your shoulders, the pounds will seem to fly off between now and summer. I really believe that our emotions and weight are interconnected like the links of a chain. The goal is to exchange a heavy chain to a lightweight chain...maybe paper that you can rip apart!

Plan to come back on later...you are a wonderful of friends, sisters!

bliss
Unread 12-03-2002, 09:49 AM

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was pretty good, only had one thing that was not really OP and that was a bowl of ice cream. it wasn't a huge bowl and compared to what I have been having lately it wasn't so bad. Overall I am pleased with how things went!

Now on to today~ So far so good, but we all know that night time is the worst! However I will be strong and make it through OP!!!!

I just love this time of year with all the Christmas programs on TV. :hoho: I don't normally watch much TV but I really enjoy watching all the Christmas shows! Just need to remind myself that I don't need to snack while watching them!!!

{{{Denise}}}~~ I am so thrilled for you that your troubles with the neighbor are OVER!!!

Ann~~ Go get your water girl!!! (now that you got yelled at, heres a {{HUG}} just for being you!!)

Desk~~ Good for you passing up those cookies and I sure hope your day is much better today! Be Strong!!!

Bliss~~ Sounds like you have a full day planned for success... Good For You! Glad to hear everyone is feeling better today!!

I better get moving and make some lunch Brandon is complaining he is hungry! (growing boys you know seem to eat ALL day and still remain thin, how unfair is that??....LOL) Lunch will be OP~ Boca burgers and a piece of fruit

Hope you all are having a fantastic day!

Take Care, Dawn

195/195/135
Unread 12-03-2002, 10:46 AM

Happy Tuesday!

Today is weigh in day for me! No matter what the scales say tonight I AM A WINNER!

1. I did not overeat during the holiday
2. I kept the one day holiday to ONE DAY
3. I have excercised
4. I FEEL GOOD!

Hugs to you all

Traci
Unread 12-03-2002, 11:09 AM

Happy Tuesday my BEST friends!

Denise, I am soooo happy that the neighbor problems are over. Congratulations, and welcome back! We know you are busy so we are glad to hear from you any time can drop in.

Dawn, me too, I love the holiday programming when I watch tv. If you really like to crunch on something during the shows, maybe some celery or red pepper strips would help? Or chew gum? Or eat a Boca Burger? I am incredibly lucky in that I don't seem to want to snack in the evenings. Every other time during the day, but not in the evenings!

Bliss, so glad to hear things are better at your house. And I am getting excited about the possibility of joining Curves and still having time to live my life. You mention it so nonchalantly like you just go in and get out and it just fits right in with the day. I can't wait to visit the place - today if possible.

Xena, how are you doing today? A little smoother than yesterday? Got your keys? Boy, what was it with all the craziness yesterday. Did I mention that we had two kamikaze mice in our dogs' water buckets yesterday morning? One mouse floating face down in each bucket, on either side of the garage. They are now in a sandwich bag in the freezer with the frozen gift cookies but trash day is Thursday...

Ann, sorry about the computer woes. Some days are like that, aren't they? (thinking of yesterday again) Do you have much more weight to lose or are you about at your maintenance level? Not gaining is still a BIG hurdle for me, and I am still trying to lose

Em, are you feeling better? Don't get that fever - but if you do you probably won't feel much like eating. I think I tried to starve my fever but it didn't help much, acetaminophen and ibuprofin helped more!

Tamara, how are things going with the family? We are thinking of you!

Traci, I KNOW you are OP today and you are on a roll!!

Shirley, you are doing great! Exercise and yoga - I keep forgetting about yoga, it is a wonderful thing and DH really wants to do that. Any favorite tapes to recommend? Or did you tell me that before (is it Rodney Yee?)

Cath, how are the colds doing up your way? I hope you have all recovered. Have you resumed your weight training, and if so, how does it feel?

HW, how is the weather out there? Wanna come clean out our garage (two of the mice are gone now)? Good idea about keeping your hands dirty to keep from eating. I usually fill my gas tank when I am nearing home (better gas prices) but if I fill up when I leave work, I may be less tempted to eat anything on the road.

Awgirls, I've been chuckling over your name, I think that's great, awboys, awgirls!!

BSQ, SueWags, (and anyone I may have missed, please forgive me ) I just wanna say :hiya: and send a smile your way.

Desk
Unread 12-03-2002, 12:38 PM
Helloooooooooooooooooooooo

Denise you are back and you sound happy and releived. I truly believe we will make our goals for summer. Though this festive party season is going to be sooooooooo hard. Hubby and I are heading out to dinner and the horse races tonight. Yippppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeee it should be fun

Desk I started this past weekend OUCH. But a good OUCH! NOW I have to get this butt into gear for some serious cardio. I am hoping that helps over the holidays.

I am off and heading to home. I will talk to you all tomorrow

Cath
Unread 12-03-2002, 01:31 PM
Yippee!!!!!!!!!!

Well we think DH found a job, he is an automotive technician and the new job is doing the same thing - just going from Fords to Mitsubishis' (dont know how to spell it yet!) he he. Good thing is he will need training and the training center is in Chicago! Geez I love Chicago!

I went to a wedding on saturday night, actually a renewal of vows of old friends. One of the gals that was there has lost 45 pounds on Atkins. It really hit me because this girl has always been heavier than I and now I'm sitting there looking at her thinking "o.k. if she can do this - I can certainly do this!" I have checked out your "Zone" website Desk - think it something I can definately get a handle on it. I know it sounds B*(&^%Y - but there is no way I can let this friend weigh less than I do! I've know her for 25 years - it just cant happen - it aint meant to be. So, now I have my inspiration. I love her to death and would never wish for this to not happen for her, I just now really want it to happen for me too. She is so disciplined. So now when I think of reaching for something I shouldnt have I think "What would so and so do?" and the answer is "she is losing weight and you aren't! that's what."

So wish me luck ladies - it's gonna be very little carbs in this neck of the woods this week.

Have a good day,
awLinda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register