IC symptoms after hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

IC symptoms  after hysterectomy IC symptoms after hysterectomy

Unread 12-12-2020, 07:28 PM
IC symptoms after hysterectomy

IC symptoms after hysterectomy! Will this go qwsy?! I'm almost 5 months post op.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2020, 10:09 PM
Re: IC symptoms after hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithMarie View Post
IC symptoms after hysterectomy! Will this go qwsy?! I'm almost 5 months post op.
FaithMarie. I am so sorry you are having IC symptoms dear ... I went through the same thing after surgery. My URO/GYN recommended Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy. I highly recommend it ... it was very helpful. It’s more than just Kegels ... the physical therapist will help you learn what irritates your bladder and help with any frequency/urgency you may have. It would be worth discussing this with your doctor

Please know we are here to help you in any way we can.

Unread 12-29-2020, 08:57 PM
Thumbs up - IC symptoms  after hysterectomy Re: IC symptoms after hysterectomy

I too cannot recommend Pelvic Floor therapy enough. What I thought, believed after urologist involvement for a few years before my hyst and then after turned out to be a combination of hyper tense pelvic muscle constantly spasming, which made me feel urinary urgency constantly. I blamed it on the endo, reasoned it was just post surgery residual 'stuff' but literally on the 1st visit I felt less urgency and pain that morning.

the female physio therapist asked me a very detailed set of questions which frankly no urologist or gyn had bothered trying to resolve before. She took measurements of my spine, noted I had 1 hip ever so slightly higher than the other, where my back bent when I bent forward and backward....quite a few 'what I thought' to be innocuous questions. As well, I did a short internal exam...more well draped then any GYN appt Ive had, during which I didn't feel embarrassed or uncomfortable. Although I couldn;t specifically feel her do it, she found some trigger points (like in a massage) and pressed gently and they felt like a relaxing muscle. The 'inside stuff' was about 5 minutes long and wasn't worrisome at all, although I'd ben worried about what all it involved.

In addition she gave me a printed set of short yoga-type stretches for my back/ hips/legs to help my pelvic floor relax more. I literally came away that morning feeling like I had a new bladder. no constant urgency! Initial appointments were 1-2 weeks apart and I now go every 6-8 weeks as a maintenance type of thing where she does additional myofascial massage of the abdomen and hips to release tense pelvic muscles.

Over the space of approx 18 months now I've done the exercises regularly (I'll be doing them tonight as a matter of fact) and FINALLY i had some relief I was in control of for once.

Don't hesitate to go

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register