Bleeding and clots from urethra (1 year post-op) every couple months | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bleeding and clots from urethra (1 year post-op) every couple months Bleeding and clots from urethra (1 year post-op) every couple months

Unread 12-26-2020, 09:24 PM
Bleeding and clots from urethra (1 year post-op) every couple months

Immediately after surgery, while still in hospital and with a catheter, I recall having a really uncomfortable sensation from the foley. My nurse insisted it may just be twisted, she straightened it out, and I let it be. It did still feel pretty uncomfortable, and it really hurt when removed. I let it go since my concerns that I may have been scraped when it was initially inserted were shrugged off. About a month later, I started bleeding and passing large clots when I pee. My GYNo did a quick check for blood with a catheter, and very little was seen.

Fast forward, and after still experiencing discomfort when peeing, I began passing clots when I peed as a regular occurrence. I only bled when I peed, and I’d feel pressure to where it was really uncomfortable anytime my bladder filled. It lasted initially about three months. I made an appointment for a cystoscopy, and then COVID happened. All appointments were cancelled. I remember crying about this...

In September, I was finally called to reschedule, and...the bleeding had stopped. It had been gone/resolved for about a month at that point. Yes, I bled for months from my urethra...

About two weeks ago, I was feeling constipated, and I strained a bit while having a bm. Bright red blood began dripping and has been coming out along with some pretty substantial clots since then. I’ve noticed that when I have a full colon, the discomfort is worse, so I’ve been using exlax to make sure I have bms.

I’m so frustrated by this, and I know I need a cystoscopy, but midway through all of this I joined a FB group for women with embedded bladder infections (I thought that might be my issue), and there were so many saying DO NOT have a cystoscopy. They had worse issues after theirs...

Ugh...please somebody be able to relate! I am looked at cross-eyed when I mention the constant bleeding and clots ...

I hope this made some sense. And I really appreciate any thoughts!!

Darcy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2021, 05:27 PM
Re: Bleeding and clots from urethra (1 year post-op) every couple months

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZloc View Post
Immediately after surgery, while still in hospital and with a catheter, I recall having a really uncomfortable sensation from the foley. My nurse insisted it may just be twisted, she straightened it out, and I let it be. It did still feel pretty uncomfortable, and it really hurt when removed. I let it go since my concerns that I may have been scraped when it was initially inserted were shrugged off. About a month later, I started bleeding and passing large clots when I pee. My GYNo did a quick check for blood with a catheter, and very little was seen.

Fast forward, and after still experiencing discomfort when peeing, I began passing clots when I peed as a regular occurrence. I only bled when I peed, and I’d feel pressure to where it was really uncomfortable anytime my bladder filled. It lasted initially about three months. I made an appointment for a cystoscopy, and then COVID happened. All appointments were cancelled. I remember crying about this...

In September, I was finally called to reschedule, and...the bleeding had stopped. It had been gone/resolved for about a month at that point. Yes, I bled for months from my urethra...

About two weeks ago, I was feeling constipated, and I strained a bit while having a bm. Bright red blood began dripping and has been coming out along with some pretty substantial clots since then. I’ve noticed that when I have a full colon, the discomfort is worse, so I’ve been using exlax to make sure I have bms.

I’m so frustrated by this, and I know I need a cystoscopy, but midway through all of this I joined a FB group for women with embedded bladder infections (I thought that might be my issue), and there were so many saying DO NOT have a cystoscopy. They had worse issues after theirs...

Ugh...please somebody be able to relate! I am looked at cross-eyed when I mention the constant bleeding and clots ...

I hope this made some sense. And I really appreciate any thoughts!!

Darcy
Darcy. I am sorry no one with a similar experience hasn't responded ... I don't have any first hand experience but I wanted to check on you. Are you still experiencing bleeding and passing clots? I wanted to suggest seeing a URO/GYN ... their expertise is in both Urology and Gynecology. I have gone to one for 6 1/2 years ... she did my surgery and has handled any bladder issue I've had. I am sorry you have not had a positive response when you try to explain what is happening.

dear ... please let us know how you are.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register