chemo~to have or not to have *that is the? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

chemo~to have or not to have *that is the? chemo~to have or not to have *that is the?

Unread 12-04-2002, 11:43 AM
chemo~to have or not to have *that is the?

love and support to all i am a little over two weeks post op ... im 37 and was diagosed with a form of uterine cancer called clear cell ....it didnt penetrate through my uterine wall and having a total hyst. removed 100% of the cancer found ~ but my doctor isin the process of meeting with other surgeons who have removed such an invasive cell ... some have said to do 3 rounds of chemo and radiation ...due to a few cases of this cell returning after a few years ....only 5% of this cell has been found in uterine cancer patients and not alot of research has been documented....im scared to go through chemo .. and the complications of radiation so close to my bowels ......if any of you have had a similar diagnosis and weighed out th pro's and con"s
thank you always
collette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2002, 12:48 PM
{{{{Collette}}}}

's to you. I am currently going thru chemo and radiation for cervical cancer. It had me scared too, that is understandable. Do you have problems with yours bowels now?? I didn't to speak of, just some postop constipation. Now I am the other direction. The doc's have given me stuff to counter act that.

I do hope that if you decide to go thru the chemo and radiation that it will be tolerable for you. I have my up days and down days, and just have to take advantage of the up days and rest rest rest on the down days.
Unread 12-04-2002, 01:35 PM

Collette,

I can't give you any information since I didn't need further treatment, but just want to add my good wishes and a . I'm sure there will be more ladies coming along who have had experience with chemo and radiation.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2002, 08:13 PM

s Collette

My own cancer was different than yours, but I do know that clear cell is an aggressive type of cancer.
My advice would be to gather as many opinions as possible. Making sure at least two of the opinions were from gyn oncologists.
Then I would let the majority rule.
Please come back and let us know what you decide.

karenann
Unread 12-05-2002, 03:24 PM
chemo to have or not to have that is the ?

thank you for your love, hugs and support .the reasurance that truly comes from the heart makes everything we all go through feel less lonely. i met with my dr. today ~ we discussed in honesty the advantages of chemo ... and the disadvantages for my case....the only disadvantage is that i may go through it for no reason at all ...and that this nasty lil cell... may never return....but as we conferenced via e-mails with other gyn.onc. dr.s .....the feelings were mixed .. not enough data was available for this type of cancer ..and each dr. expressed there own opinion...but all concluded this was an aggressive cell ... and im too young ...my body is to strong ... and i have to much life to live to chance even the smallest percentage of reoccurance..my dr. had one patient where this clear cell did comeback after two years ... other dr.s had no reoccurances in there patients but still advised precationary treatment. so there i hav it ... the choice is mine .
i will do the chemo......i am strong too ...like all of you ....
thank you again .... what a long strange trip its been

collette
Unread 12-05-2002, 04:05 PM
Chemo

Dear Collette

I just want to wish you good luck and hope everything goes well.
I too am currently having chemo and need to have 6 sessions at 3 weekly intervals. I have had 3 sessions so far and its not been too bad.

I had a huge fibroid which was found to have some cancer cells. I had a total Hyst and then 4 weeks of radiotherapy. But then 6 weeks later I had symptoms which lead to a new tumour. By the way, the radiotherapy so far has not aafected my bowls or bladder.

I am now have the chemo and hope that everything will be well. Mainly I feel tired for a couple of days after but with the medication they give, its not so bad really.

I wish you luck again and hope to read more from you soon.

Rube (London, UK)
Unread 12-05-2002, 04:29 PM

s Collette

I truly believe you are making the right decision.
When you find out what your chemo drugs will be, please stop back and let us know. Many of us here have experience with a wide variety of drugs. And we are always ready with tips and advice for you. You can do this!!!!!
Best wishes.

karenann

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register