LAVH Anyone had COVID-19 vaccine post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone had COVID-19 vaccine post hysterectomy Anyone had COVID-19 vaccine post hysterectomy

Unread 04-15-2021, 07:50 AM
Anyone had COVID-19 vaccine post hysterectomy

Hello, I'm new here. I had my hysterectomy on 4/7/21, due to pathology in the OR, they also took both ovaries, due to a low malignancy tumor on one of my ovaries. I was kept in the hospital for two nights due to tachycardia (fast heart rate) to run tests and check for blood clots, etc. So with every symptom right now I am trying to determine if it is surgery related, response to sudden loss of hormones, reaction to medication, etc. And then tomorrow (9 days post-op), I am supposed to have my second dose of Moderna vaccine. My doctor said it should be fine, but I am a little nervous about if I will have any side effects, since I am already feeling fragile. Has anyone else has the vaccine shortly after surgery? Any side effects or anything I should know about?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2021, 01:55 PM
Re: Anyone had COVID-19 vaccine post-op?

and

We've got a chatty thread going on currently about this very thing here at Covid vaccine post hysterectomy? - several of us have discussed both timing and side effects (if any). Side effects are a legitimate concern. Ultimately, the decision is up to you and your doctor. If you would rather delay it for a week, discuss it with him.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Since you've just joined us, you might find these resources helpful in knowing what to expect during these first weeks:I'd also like to invite you to connect with your Recovery Thread for women who had surgery the same week as you at Recovery Progress Reports for Apr 05-11. Recovery Threads are wonderful for getting support, comparing notes, encouraging others, and keeping one another company. I'm guiding that particular thread, and we'd love to see you there!

Unread 04-16-2021, 03:17 AM
Re: Anyone had COVID-19 vaccine post-op?

I had my second dose of Moderna at 18 days post op. The good news: I was already laying low and had the time and space to rest. The bummer news: it knocked me out just as I was starting to feel pretty good. I had bad headaches, muscle aches, fever and chills. Honestly, it ended up affecting me emotionally more than anything. Kinda like getting kicked when you're already down. But, I wanted this vaccine and it will be worth it! I have to just remind myself that I have been though a lot lately, so it's okay to feel overwhelmed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2021, 03:43 AM

I had my first dose of Moderna last Friday, with no side effects other than a sore arm, and I'm now waiting for confirmation of when I can book my second dose. One thing I mentioned on the thread that Cussette mentioned is to note the timing of your symptoms: if they come on rapidly within 24 hours of the shot, and retreat within the next 48 hours, then they can be safely written off as a side effect; if symptoms occur any time outside these timeframes, that would signal something else going on and time to contact your doctor. As for your tachycardia, I recommend checking your HRT and pain medication for artificial dyes; these chemicals can act as a stimulant for some people, myself included, so you may need to talk to your doctor about dye-free alternatives. Best wishes for a successful second shot, and for continued health and healing!
Unread 04-20-2021, 04:28 PM
Re: Anyone had COVID-19 vaccine post hysterectomy

Just wanted to come back and update...thank you to everyone who responded. I had my second dose and I guess I rolled the lucky side of the dice because I really did not have any side effects besides a hard and swollen lump at the injection site and tender lymph nodes in my armpit. My husband got his the same day and had fatigue and body aches for 24 hours but was still pretty mild. I am so glad to get past the vaccine and hopefully keep making forward progress on recovery from here out.
Unread 04-21-2021, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by em630ruth View Post
Hello, I'm new here. I had my hysterectomy on 4/7/21, due to pathology in the OR, they also took both ovaries, due to a low malignancy tumor on one of my ovaries. I was kept in the hospital for two nights due to tachycardia (fast heart rate) to run tests and check for blood clots, etc. So with every symptom right now I am trying to determine if it is surgery related, response to sudden loss of hormones, reaction to medication, etc. And then tomorrow (9 days post-op), I am supposed to have my second dose of Moderna vaccine. My doctor said it should be fine, but I am a little nervous about if I will have any side effects, since I am already feeling fragile. Has anyone else has the vaccine shortly after surgery? Any side effects or anything I should know about?
I had laproscopic hysterectomy on the 3/4/21, sent home next day and had 2nd pfizer jab on 13/4/21.
I was fine. Only issue i had was walking unaided. I had no side effects at all. Hope all goes well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register