Hysterectomy and Covid Vaccine | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy and Covid Vaccine Hysterectomy and Covid Vaccine

Unread 04-28-2021, 06:40 PM
Hysterectomy and Covid Vaccine

Just curious if anyone has received Covid Vaccine and experiencing side effects that may be related? I got the first vaccine a week and half after surgery. Due to get second vaccine next week. I didn’t even consider it affecting recovery until someone mentioned it to me in another group.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2021, 04:57 AM
Hysterectomy and Covid Vaccine

I recommend checking our post-op forum for a thread on this very topic, where other sisters have discussed the ins and outs of getting the vaccine while recovering from surgery. One rule of thumb I shared there is that if you feel like you've been hit by a truck within 24 hours of the shot, and then you feel better within the next 48 hours, that can be safely written off as a side effect; if symptoms occur outside this timeframe, that would signal something that requires your doctor's attention. I'm 6 years post-op, and I recently had my first shot of the Moderna vaccine with no significant side effects, so I'm now waiting for confirmation of when I can have my second shot, and I'm anticipating more significant side effects from that, when the immune response is typically stronger. Best wishes for your second shot, and for continued health and healing!
Unread 04-29-2021, 12:20 PM
Re: Hysterectomy and Covid Vaccine

Had my second Moderna shot Tuesday morning. For reference, I'm 7 weeks post-op now.

That night, 12 hours later -- hooboy -102F fever, serious joint pain, swollen lymph nodes (armpit and collarbone), and I couldn't sleep.Took some acetaminophen a couple of times to take the edge off the fever and joint pain.

Yesterday I felt weak all day and slept a lot (a very similar feeling to when I had Mono years ago).

Today, I feel fine. Your mileage may vary, as they say.

Good healing to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2021, 06:14 AM
Re: Hysterectomy and Covid Vaccine

It's a good question. We had an informative discussion just a few weeks ago here, Covid Vaccine After Hysterectomy? Included in that discussion is a quote from Mayo and a link to Mayo's article which (I think) is a good guide.

There seems to be more of a concern if your second shot is within a few days of your surgery. By the time you have yours, you'll be 5 weeks out. I'd suggest talking to your doctor about the timing of the second shot - there is some wiggle room (very little), but you may indeed be told to go ahead as scheduled.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register