7 week check up...good news, bad news | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7 week check up...good news, bad news 7 week check up...good news, bad news

Unread 12-10-2002, 08:49 AM
7 week check up...good news, bad news

Here's the good news: Yesterday I had my post op internal exam(at 7 weeks b/c doc was away last week), and everything was GREAT!! I was pretty sure it would go ok, b/c I have been feeling really good for awhile, and getting back to most of my normal activities w/o a prob. But still, I was a bit nervous how exam would feel , and SURPRISE...there was NO discomfort at ALL!!

I can not even remember the last time I had an internal exam w/o pain or discomfort. (Or even when one could push in on my abdomen while laying down w/o pain.) This was amazing...I felt NOTHING!

Doc was thrilled with my healing, said I am perfect (well..ok..I am not PERFECT, but my inscions and healing are.... ). Serioiusly, she and nurses said I looked like a new woman. PLUS, I even lost a few pounds! Whoo-Hoo!!

Naturally I had to "celebrate" the good report with my dh....blush....and well..ahem...lets just say that the last of the restrictions is GONE!!
(hee-hee) Actually that went great too...no pain or probs, except I think we should have used more lube. We didn't think I appeared to need it, but in hindsight my vagina prob did get a tiny bit abraided from being a bit dryer inside than we realized. We also kinda "made up for lost time", which may not have been the wisest thing either, but fortunately all seems just fine..during and after...just a tiny raw feeling for the first few times when I urinated after. But this morning I do not even feel that.

So while all of that is terriffic news, and I really feel wonderful, there is a tiny bit of bad news: We found 2 rather large lumps in my breast. I have a huge tendancy to grow cysyts and lumps and tumors on just about every part of my body, and they are always OK, but of course I have to go thru the whole process to make sure everything is all right. I am sure this is just like all the others, but it did put a little damper on the good day.

Still, I am very greatful at how well my surg and recovery went, at how AWESOME this site is, and how wonderful all you sisters have been, and continue to be.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2002, 09:08 AM
Yeah Gret!!

Great news on the healing!

Sorry to hear about the new lumps...darn it!

Continue to be well and celebrate all you want!
Unread 12-10-2002, 02:10 PM

Hi Fla Gret ,

That really is great news that you are healing so nicely and that your life is resuming, pain free!

I am sorry to hear about the lumps that you discovered though. I'm sure it does put a bit of a damper on things for you, but let's hope that these are no different than the others that you've had.

Let us know how you continue to do, ok?

Best wishes and s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2002, 05:00 PM
7 week check up...good news,bad news

Hi! It's great that you feel so good,physically,overall,and hope you continue to heal like that. As for those lumps,better keep on your doctor to follow up on what their situation is!!!! I do hope that they're just the most benign thing imaginable. Don't let your doctor slack off!!! If you don't follow up,they won't feel the need to,either,trust me!!!! I will pray for you.
Unread 12-10-2002, 05:21 PM

Hi,

I'm so glad you're doing so much better, sweetie. God bless. As far as the breast lumps go, really get those checked out - exam by doctor, mamogram or anything else that needs to be done asap, ok? Be praying for you, sweetie. As far as the ok for sex, great. Still use the lubs, even if you don't think you need them, that's what I do - makes it so much more enjoyable and easier. Sometimes it seems like you have natural lubrication, but I had some external dryness (using vagifem inserts for that and vivelle dot patch for estrogen), so it's better to have more than less on the lubs, ok? Keep us posted on how the exams go on the breast lumps, OK? God bless,
Love,
DebraDeeH

this is my opinion;always get medical advice from your doctor

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register