Weight gain / loss? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weight gain / loss? Weight gain / loss?

Unread 12-11-2002, 05:43 PM
Weight gain / loss?

Hi ladies! I am 17 days post op. TAH/BSO My problem is that I lost six pounds before surgery and another five since. I have now broken the 100 mark. I weighed yesterday and am down to 99 pounds!! I don't ever remember being that. I am small and petite but always stayed at 110 pounds forever and ever! I know what they took out of me weighed some pounds but give me a break. My appetite is back and I'm eating normal. Even trying ice cream and pie and things like that. Some women had told me that I would gain weight after this. Not!! Now!! I know some of you will write and say if only I could be so lucky! I need to gain some weight back. Love you all sisters!! Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2002, 06:58 PM
Weight gain / loss?

A lot of women initially lose weight after their surgery. I know I did......but then I gained it back plus!! Eventually the gaining stopped and I managed to lose the extra I had gained plus a few more pounds I needed to lose.
You're still early in your recovery........things may start changing for you soon........but if they don't........please tell your doc what's happening!

Ann
TAH/BSO 1/5/01
Unread 12-11-2002, 07:16 PM
Weight gain / loss?

I'm sorry you are upset about your weight loss, I hope things will turn around for you. I am feeling frustrated too because they removed a large grapefruit tumor, plus did a tummy tuck and I weigh more now than before the surgery and my stomach looks like a huge hot air balloon. I mean alot of hot air! Hang in there!

Sheila
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2002, 07:19 PM
My situation is similar at over 4 mos...

My situation is similar to yours and I am almost 5 months post-op. I initially lost 10 pounds after surgery and didn't gain any weight back. I still have a good appetite but I have been careful to eat foods that are healthier. I am also exercising regularly, mostly walking on the treadmill and some free weights and I held at 110 pounds. Recently I caught a cold and dropped another 5 pounds. I'm alittle concerned because I haven't weighed this little since I can't remember when. You are still early in your recovery process so you may gain the weight back, but you may want to check with your doctor about testing your thyroid. I have my annual checkup with my doctor next Tuesday and I plan on addressing these issues with him and having him check my thyroid. I too would like to put alittle weight back on but I want to do it the right way, not by eating junk.

Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register