Ugh! Lifting! What is my problem? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ugh! Lifting! What is my problem? Ugh! Lifting! What is my problem?

Unread 08-13-2021, 01:15 PM
Ugh! Lifting! What is my problem?

I had a complete laproscopic hysterectomy 4 years ago due to large fibroids, excessive bleeding and breast cancer. I am not overweight, but am honestly not as fit as I should be either. My issue is that when I lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk or sit for long periods of time I feel like I have a urinary tract infection that evening. Feelings of pain and achyness, fullness or swelling, and like I have to urinate with very little output. The next morning it is usually gone, unless I did something more strenuous then it lasts a few more days. I have gone to my gynocologist several times to ask what this is, and after a pelvic exam am told everything looks good and they see no structural problems.

What is my problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2021, 06:30 AM
Re: Ugh! Lifting! What is my problem?

So it seems as though I have stumped the group with 78 views and 0 comments :/
Unread 08-17-2021, 11:45 AM

Hi,
just to not be the 79th view without comments: Have you tried seeing a pelvic floor therapist, even if your doctor says it's all good? I have seen posts here and there recommending it after a hysterectomy.

I have not had my surgery, so I'm still a newbie at this, but from what you describe, it seems like that could be worth a try?

Hopefully, more people will chime in with their thoughts. I'm sure you're not alone with this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2021, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysterresister View Post
I had a complete laproscopic hysterectomy 4 years ago due to large fibroids, excessive bleeding and breast cancer. I am not overweight, but am honestly not as fit as I should be either. My issue is that when I lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk or sit for long periods of time I feel like I have a urinary tract infection that evening. Feelings of pain and achyness, fullness or swelling, and like I have to urinate with very little output. The next morning it is usually gone, unless I did something more strenuous then it lasts a few more days. I have gone to my gynocologist several times to ask what this is, and after a pelvic exam am told everything looks good and they see no structural problems.

What is my problem?
hysterresister. I am so very sorry I missed your post dear ... I don't want you to think we take your problem lightly.

By any chance is your doctor a URO/GYN? Mine is and she has done so much to help me ... their speciality is in both. It gives them a better understanding of how both areas are interconnected.

I highly recommend Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy ... I went for about 4 months and it was a big help with bladder issues. It helps to strengthen the PF muscles which hold out pelvic floor in place. My therapist also worked on the right way to lift so it doesn't cause pelvic pressure.

as you search for answers ... Please keep us posted.
Unread 08-18-2021, 05:06 AM

Thank you for the comments leeninglion and bkfranke! I have been researching PF PT and excercises. Having to articulate my issues repeatedly to my doctors with no further suggestions or support has left me feeling dismissed and hyperchondriacal. :/

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register