yesterdays appt | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

yesterdays appt yesterdays appt

Unread 12-12-2002, 06:56 AM
yesterdays appt

My Doctor visit yesterday was uneventful. He was pleased at how I rebounded from the first chemo, says I am good to go for next week. after this i will have another PET sacn to see if the tumors are responding. He lowered the amount of ifosfamide a little becaus it can cause constipation. He is going to have the nurses give me a bit less anti nausea meds in the IV and told me to only take the Zofran when I feel nausea. They are giving me another anti nausea med called reglan. Constipation is a concern woth me because of the tumors scattered thru my intestine, history of blockages and twisting of the intestine. i may be barfing thru Christmas, but it is better than being in surgery having a resection.

Debbie
Squamos cell cancer pelvic, small intestine, pharynx
pelvic exenteration with temporary colostomy 8/7( so they said )
intestinal resection 9/25
Taxol/ Cisplatin/ ifosfamide begun 11/25
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2002, 09:18 AM
Dr. visit sounds good

Sounds like you have a listening, concerned doctor who's concerned about ALL of you. Now let's hope you don't through Christmas--may you feel well and have a truly Merry Christmas.
Unread 12-12-2002, 10:06 AM
yesterdays appt

((( Debbie ))))...

I was glad to read that your appointment went well. I will be keeping my fingers crossed that the meds keep the nausea at bay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2002, 01:08 PM
yesterdays appt

Things sound really good Debbie!
Thats great!
I had a rough time with constipation as well, because I was being given higher doses of the zofran to try and offset the nausea.
I am glad they are cutting back the zofran with your history of bowel troubles, because I think I would have to agree the nausea is easier to handle than the constipation, although neither is very pleasant, and I hope you don't suffer with either of them!!!
All the best with round 2!! You're doing great!!

Holiday Hugs
Maria
Unread 12-13-2002, 08:04 PM
yesterdays appt

{{Debbie}}

So glad to hear your appointment went so well, its so wonderful to have a Dr who looks at ALL sides of things before proceeding.

I hope your side effects are minimal and hopefully the meds will take care of any that you may have.

for you for round #2.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 12-15-2002, 05:10 AM
yesterdays appt

Hi Debbie,

Glad to hear your doctor is pleased with how you are doing. I hope that the medicines are able to keep away the nausea and constipation is not an issue.

Will be thinking of you this upcoming week and that you continue to do well with your treatments.

's
Unread 12-15-2002, 07:44 AM
yesterdays appt

Debbie, please know that I think about you every day.

Keep up the good work, losing is not an option (can I think of anymore clichés??? ) They're really not clichés when the meaning is so poignant.

Big time group cyber s,
Laura
Unread 12-15-2002, 04:19 PM
yesterdays appt

Debbie,

I am glad your appt. went well. Seems as if your doctor is very good and listens. I'm happy you did rebound so well. Now another treatment behind you.
Unread 12-15-2002, 06:00 PM
yesterdays appt

s Debbie

It sure sounds like you are doing very well. Isn't it amazing how strong we can be when called to task?
Constipation was one of my biggest side effects while going through chemo. I can appreciate how your intestinal problems make that even more of a concern. Has your doc recommended any laxatives that you could use as a stool softener to prevent constipation? Senokot worked well for me.
I hope that decreasing the zofran helps as well.
You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday.

karenann

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register