Fistula - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread
Unread 12-20-2002, 07:11 PM
Fistula

{{{Terry}}}
I don't have any experience with fistulas but wanted to stop by and welcome you home. I'm sending s and ers for a speedy recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2002, 05:53 AM
Fistula

Welcome Home Terry

Please do take it easy sister...and get lots of I am so happy you are feeling so good (all things considered)...and that you had such great medical care.

My docs are still investigating the possibility of me having a fistula. If I have one, it must be pretty small. I continue to have many tests done to determine this.

I am sending you many S and will keep you in my prayers for a speedy and uneventful recovery. Please let us know how you are doing when you are able
Unread 12-21-2002, 07:04 AM
Fistula

Terry - so glad you are home! Also glad we were able to give you some support and information regarding fistulas, etc. They are very scary! Sounds like you are headed in the right direction. Take care and don't do anything! Love, Jocelyn (Hansolo)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2002, 07:17 AM
Fistula

Welcome home Terry
I'm glad all went well! Sounds as if you have some wonderful, caring Drs Please get lots of rest and know your Sisters are praying for a speedy, uncomplicated recovery! Big ((hugs)) Terry ...
Unread 12-22-2002, 10:13 AM
Normal Urine

Just wanted to update anyone interested. I just got out of the shower and noticed that my bag is full of lite yellow urine instead of cherry red or peach. That is a big step. I feel like I have boulders attached to my legs. I have no energy at all but not much pain. I feel the need to get back to the couch ( I will definately need a new one by the time I am back on my feet). I am still leaking a little but don't know if it is around the cathater or not. My stent is removed New Years Eve and would appreciate any info on what that involves so I will know what to expect. Thanks and good luck to all!
Terry
Terry
Unread 12-22-2002, 10:47 AM
Fistula

Terry,

Good news! I know it's frightening to see blood in the bag no matter what the drs say! Sounds like your on the mend.

I know Ariel had the stent and a couple of the other fistula ladies did too. I'll send them a pm to get back to you about how the removal goes.

Keep resting-you're energy will come back.

You're in my prayers.

Louise
Unread 12-22-2002, 03:39 PM
Fistula

Hey Terry,

So glad you are home and that all went well. I had my stent removed in the hospital under general annesthesia, but they did a retrograde pyelogram at the same time. I know that my urologist said that they can do these in the doctor's office. I don't know what kind of annesthesia they use in that situation. Just ask! They just have to go back through the bladder to retrieve the stent and the guide wire.

They may send you home with some antispasmotic meds for after the stent is pulled.

Will you still have to have a stent in the left side?

Praying for all the best for you.

MaryJulia
Unread 12-22-2002, 04:07 PM
Fistula

Thanks for the info MaryJulia. They didn't have enough room to put a stent in the left side. I have scar tissue from previous surgeries and years of endo. I have had 2 years of excessive bleeding and pain while my old dr treated me or didn't treat me for peri menopause. By the time my new doctor saw me my uterus had pretty much eaten itself. This is why I had a fistula or at least promoted the problem. Right now I am just happy to know that how I was feeling wasn't normal. A lot of people thought I was just a drama queen. You know everyone grows old. Learn to live with it? If I have learned anything it is pain is not normal and get a second opinion if someone tells you it is.
Merry Christmas!
Terry
Unread 01-31-2003, 08:24 AM
Here I go again!

Fistula did not heal so I am back to the hospital next Friday, Feb. 7th for another go at it. I will be going to St. Joseph, MO for this operation. My uro would like his partner in practice to help with the surgery. He is supposedly one of the best in the country (we shall see). My uro says he should have done the surgery in the city to begin with. This afternoon I will be seeing a cardiologist because I have had a lot of chest pain, probably stress but just to be safe. I still have a foley and will be getting a supra. My uro had doubts from the beginning that it would not heal. He says he has spent a lot of sleepness nights thinking about my case. I am trying to not be depressed but it is hard. I was hoping to be back to work April 1st but am now shooting for June 1st as the latest. Exhaustion right now is by biggest problem. I will be glad for spring because I will at least be able to sit on the porch. Good news is that my kidneys are strong and I have managed to not get any nasty bladder infections or the flu so far.
Lucky me,
Terry
Unread 01-31-2003, 08:33 AM
Fistula

Terry,

I'm glad you got a date-you're in my prayers for a complete recovery!

Louise
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register