Anyone in same boat?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone in same boat?? Anyone in same boat??

Unread 12-15-2002, 11:02 AM
Anyone in same boat??

Hi..well i'm new here, but i think i've finally figured out how to use this message board! Although you may have to point out if i make any mistakes ok?!

I must say, i came across this site completely by chance and i'm very impressed by it. Everyone here is so upbeat, and some of the stuff...although sad, is also very funny...so keep up the good work.

Anyway, i'm 30, from England, and i'm due to have a hysterectomy (full radical, as we would say, but i think you'd say TAH...is that right?!) in April, the day after my birthday.
I've got endo and have been having treatment for 12 years now, including 13 surgeries.

I'd like to talk to other women who are in the same position. I have made my decision to have surgery...but part of me is absolutely terrified, so it would be nice to have friends who are in the same place as i am.

Anyway, would love to hear from anyone...
Blade
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2002, 11:19 AM
Hi Blade !

I haven't had to deal with the endo but I have had the same issue about having the surgery scheduled and then waiting months to have it. Time is on your side !! You will be able to visit with many women who can share their stories and from that you can draw comfort. Also, try the 'search' key at the top of the page and follow through to search on the word endo. I am sure you will find many posts to help you.

Welcome aboard. You will always be supported here !

Janice
Unread 12-15-2002, 11:30 AM
Anyone in same boat??

Hi Blade,

Welcome to Hyster Sisters!! While I'm sorry that you are facing surgery, I am glad that you found us and posted. I hope that you will not be quite as scared once you have time to read more and learn more about your surgery and recovery.

If you click onto the Princess logo at top left, it will take you back to the main page, where you will find dropdown menus (toward the bottom of that page), containing pre-op hints, post-op hints, and actual stories written by sisters who have already had their surgeries.

There are more stories in the "Princess Tell Hyst Stories" forum, and we also have a chat room, where you can meet and talk to other pre-op and post-op ladies, in real time. Here's a link to information about the chat room: https://www.hystersisters.com/chat2.php

We also have neighborhood forums where you can chat with sisters who live in the same area of the world as you: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...s=&forumid=103

So you see, there are alot of ways to meet and "talk" with others, and posting here is the best way to get started.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

's

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2002, 11:30 AM
Anyone in same boat??

Hi Blade,
I've suffered from endo for about 12 years. BC pills kept it under control for a while but then I was experiencing a lot of break-through bleeding and problems with ovarian cysts so I had to discontinue them about 5 years ago. One doctor wanted to go in and remove the endo but I was told it would just grow back and I didn't see the point.

I'm having a total abdominal hysterectomy on Wednesday. At first, my doctor thought he would try it vaginally, but at my preop on Thursday, he told me he had decided to do an abdominal hyst. Because I have bowel and bladder problems during my cycle (at midcycle and again at onset of period), he suspects I've got some endo around my intestines and bladder. (I've had every gastrointestinal test under the sun in the past two years and it all checks out fine from that standpoint. It's suspicious, too, that the problems go along with my menstrual cycle.)

Anyway, I'd be happy to correspond with you about my experiences, if you'd like. Feel free to email me at my listed email address.

s
Julie-Anne
Unread 12-15-2002, 05:22 PM
Anyone in same boat??

Hi Blade :hiya:

Welcome, welcome, welcome!! I am sending good thoughts your way for your upcomming surgery next April. You will have plenty of time to prepare.

I also stumbled upon this site and have been here ever since. I am now 16mos post and feel just wonderful. I would like to invite you to join us in the "chat room" sometime when you are on-line and you can meet some wonderful women and "chat" in real time. You will get some terrific support and have a few laughs while doing it.

I look forward to hearing from you with your questions and perhaps meeting you in chat!

Melissa
Unread 12-18-2002, 03:31 PM
Anyone in same boat??

First off my hubby visited England on a business trip recently and loved it-

I battled with endo for 10 yrs. I have one child and a few years after endo showed up. I was in severe pain. I had a hysto in April of 2002...dont regret it. Feel much better. They did leave ovaries but took cervix and uteris.
Good luck
Lynne
runabout
Unread 12-18-2002, 03:48 PM
Anyone in same boat??

Blade, welcome to the best site for support and info on hysterectomies!

I had endo, but mostly adeno. Very heavy and a never-ending period. Had it with me right up till they put me on the OR table! I'm so glad to be done with it. Ask any and all questions. Nothing is off limits. There is no doubt someone here who has experienced it and can answer your questions. Check out the chat room too. It's a great place to socialize and commiserate.

TC
Unread 12-18-2002, 03:48 PM
Anyone in same boat??

Blade --

I am five weeks post-op today from a TAH due to huge fibroids and excessive bleeding. I have never felt better, walked more upright (I should !!)--- I wished I would have had this surgery sooner. Right now, the only issue is a little itchy incision, but otherwise I am in the best shape I've been in a long time. I believe I even sleep better (could it be the new sheets without the old blood stains I could never quite remove all the way???).

You have found a wonderful site that will help you with any concern or worry, both pre and post-op. You will find that you will be visiting us often...

Welcome and enjoy !!

Marcia
Unread 12-18-2002, 05:47 PM
Anyone in same boat??

Hi Blade, I'm like you!! Only I'm 33, was 32 when I decided to have this surgery - been here on the site for a few months and LOVE it!! My surgery is coming up in a couple weeks, and I feel so prepared and relaxed. I have everything bought that my sisters recommended to buy (big undies, robe, new PJ's, books, etc.) I have everything in order at work, have meals cooked and froze and now just enjoying the Holidays!! If not for this site, at this point I could possibly be a major nervous wreck!! I have soaked up a wealth of information, and only have a 1/2 page of questions for my doctor at pre-op (instead of about 10, which I had before finding this site) - and those questions are only about type of anestisia, vertical/horizontal cut, etc. (Things only doc would know - everything else was answered here!!)

I have had endo for many many years, but was not actually diagnosed until 1996. Had several surgeries, and did everything under the sun and am ready for a new life and to be a new me - PAIN FREE!! I also have no children, and have no regrets about my decision. I have wonderful nieces and nephews that I can love and play with - AND GIVE BACK!! Good luck to you, and email me anytime you wish - we're all here for you!!
Unread 12-18-2002, 05:54 PM
Anyone in same boat??

Hi Blade,

I too have stage 4 endo - this will be my third and final surgery on December 23rd. TAH/RSO - left ovary and tube were removed in Dec 2000. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to email me at [email protected]. Waiting is the hardest part but this website is fantastic.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register