Pathology Report on Growth Removal | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pathology Report on Growth Removal Pathology Report on Growth Removal

Unread 12-15-2002, 02:18 PM
Pathology Report on Growth Removal

Hi Sisters,
The results came back from my surgery (12-06-02).The nurse called me on Mon.Dec.09.The pathology report showed the growth as a polyp or skin tag(not cancerous).She said women who get these usually have a tendency to keep getting them.I said,oh great,I have no uterus to grow fibroids in any more so now I grow polyps in my vagina.I am relieved that it's not cancerous(Thank the Lord)but I don't like the idea of getting these things all the time and especially going through surgery every time I get one.Any of you ever had this problem?By the way,Thank you all so much for your prayers.I am ever grateful!Oh,I go to the Dr.this Thurs.Dec.19 for check-up to be sure I'm healed.

's from Jenny

TAH/BSO on 6-13-02 for too many 's to name,severe anemia and a blood transfusion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2002, 02:52 PM

Jenny!! How wonderful that the growth was benign! I know that is a load off of your mind.

I have skin tags (not in the vagina though) and yes, they come back. Mine seem to be somehow hormone related. Got them when I was pregnant with my younger 2 and then they came back about a year ago when my "female problems" got so severe.
Unread 12-15-2002, 03:49 PM

Hi,
I went back to my doc at one point because I thought I was having some kind of prolapse. All was fine, but he did tell me I had a skin tag (external), which I hadn't even noticed.

What is involved in getting it removed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2002, 03:55 PM

I'm so glad to hear your great news!! I know you are so relieved! I'll keep you in my prayers that no others form!
Unread 12-15-2002, 05:05 PM

Jenny...I'm glad that the growth was benign. I was just told by my doc that I have a skin tag there also. It's very small though so don't think anything needs to be done about it. I also had a polyp and fibroids in my uterus and polyps in my colon. Guess some of us are just polypy people. lol I guess it depends on how big they become and if they cause a problem before they would have to be removed, huh?

Sherry
Unread 12-16-2002, 01:31 PM

Thanks girls for all your replys.And,at least I know I'm not the only one growing these things.cm cm,it wasn't too bad having the polyp removed.I was asleep for just a few minutes(probably less than 30 min.)I had some burning and stinging pain for a few days.I just took tylenol for that.My Dr. said it needed to come out to find out for sure what it was.He said it wasn't very big.It wasn't causing me any problems.By the way Sherry,yours doesn't have to be removed so if I get another one I wonder if the Dr. will want to remove it again.I hope and pray I don't get any more.

's to you all
Jenny
Unread 12-17-2002, 04:44 AM

Jenny!
That's wonderful news! I am so relieved that everything came back A-ok! Woohoo!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register