Fibromyalgia / Packing for hospital | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fibromyalgia / Packing for hospital Fibromyalgia / Packing for hospital

Unread 12-16-2002, 11:15 AM
Fibromyalgia / Packing for hospital

Hey, everyone -- I'm a new member -- surgery is tomorrow (YIKES!). Only trouble is, I won't be able to get back on-line for awhile since we moved the computer downstairs and I've heard stairs will be off-limits for awhile.
Just wanted to say it's been interesting browsing the site -- lots of nice info and esp. the hugs from ones who've been through it. Only things I couldn't find were info on what to pack for the hospital (castle) and any messages from others with fibromyalgia. Just thought a hospital bag list would be a really helpful addition to your site. If anyone else is dealing with mild to moderate fibromyalgia, let me know if you've found anything helpful post-op.
Thanks, from a soon-to-be princess and one who feels pain somewhere every day.
My best to all the LIW, and thanks for the prayers from the rest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2002, 11:30 AM
pack your favorite pillow!

Fibro sufferer here and my neck is very fussy about pillows. No way could I tolerate that plastic covered monstrosity they provide at the castle. I took my cervical support pillow (in dark green pillow case so I would know it's mine) and I also took my microwavable hot packs if the need arose. A pillow between the knees was a huge advantage, but I was one of those rare women who could lie on her side immediately post op. I was on enough pain killer in the hospital I didn't feel the usual fibro pains.

Stairs aren't always off limits. Depends on the procedure done.

There is a castle packing list on the drop down menu off the main page. Lot of useful ideas.

I started doing acupuncture and chiro for my fibro a few weeks before my surgery and got some relief with that treatment. Been doing some reading lately and seeing there are some studies that connect thyroid malfunction to fibro and also connecting endo to fibro. Interesting stuff. Some sort of autoimmune response triggers the fibro.
Unread 12-16-2002, 11:40 AM

Thanks for the fav pillow advice -- might just do that!
Good luck with your continued recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2002, 12:07 PM

Hi teabird :hiya:

Here's the list of what to pack for the hospital. It is quite lengthy--I actually only packed my personal toiletries, (including lip balm), robe, slippers, and a pair of pajamas. I was only in the Castle over night, so I didn't need much. Wound up just wearing the castle gown and saving my jammies for when I got home.

https://www.hystersisters.com/list.php

's and best wishes for tomorrow!
Unread 12-16-2002, 12:19 PM

Thanks, Shelley! I did find the HS hospital packing list after all. Thanks for the personal tips on what to take also. Thanks most of all for the hugs. teabird
Unread 12-16-2002, 01:39 PM
No FM flare

Hi,

I expected a flare of my Fibromyalgia after surgery but it did not occur. Hope you have the same experience. Heck, hope I have the same experience when I have surgery again in a month or two!

Joselle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register