Back to Work-AGAIN-getting back on the horse... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back to Work-AGAIN-getting back on the horse... Back to Work-AGAIN-getting back on the horse...

Unread 12-16-2002, 01:06 PM
Back to Work-AGAIN-getting back on the horse...

Hello Sisters...I am back to work today. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks post op for this LAST surgery. Please continue to pray for me that this will be THE LAST surgery. I can't tell you all how very much it meant to me, to have you all praying for me, and sending your well wishes. Even though I could not get online from the Castle, my best sister Ernurse was filling me in on all of you who posted to me. I truly felt the presence of my sisters, there with me in the Castle. Many of you have had set backs, also, and I want you to know I'm praying for each of you daily....and I will continue to do so. Many of my sisters have also gone back to work, and don't get on very often-I love you girls!!! I am back to work today, and I'm really excited to be here. However, I am SOOO tired! But, I'm being a good , I have my feet up as much as possible, and I'm getting up and taking short walks and stretches as frequently as possible. Unfortunately, they really missed me while I was gone, and there's a mountain of things to straighten out and get accomplished......but hey, it is good to know they need me. Many of you know-I work with a team of 18 analysts-I'm the only female. So, the boys needed their mother(boys, my foot...most of them are atleast 40 and I'm only 30!!)and now I'm here trying to undo their mistakes. Ugh! I want you all to listen to me....please, please, girls....be very careful. I know that what happened to me was a very rare occurence( I know, I know-couldn't have happened to a nicer person, right? ICK.)and that most people do NOT have all of the problems I've had since October 7th. But I Really want to urge you ladies to TAKE IT EASY. I am seeing posts about people having problems w/their friends, families, and co workers expecting them to be back to their old selves already....PLEASE, ladies...if you have to...tell them my grusome story so they can get it through their thick skulls!!! I don't want any of my wonderful sisters to endure what I had to go through. I can't tell you girls how much your sweet words have meant to me. Getting posts and emails from you that tell me I'm an inspiration to you, etc.....I can't tell you how wonderful that makes me feel. I love each and every one of you, even if I've never spoken to you, emailed you or posted to you. What I have found since coming to this website has been the most wonderful thing in my life....a world full of sisters and friends I have always wanted. I cannot express enough to you how much your encouragement has meant to me. Thank you sisters....I you all so very much.

Always,
Christy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2002, 01:48 PM
Back to Work

Good Luck Miss Christy...you are in my thoughts and always in my prayers....here is hoping that you and the hospital are done with each other for a long time to come....
Take care and God bless!!

lilly
Unread 12-16-2002, 02:33 PM

Christy, I'm glad to hear that you are feeling well enough to go back to work, even at an easy pace. However, Please remember and keep telling yourself, that you don't want to go through this again. You are only 3 weeks from the last surgery. Make sure you are up to this. Listen to your body. It's been through an awful lot lately. Please, please take it slow and easy now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2002, 10:41 PM
I've been thinking of you Christy

Please take it easy and I haven't stopped praying for you... my sweet hyster-twin!
May God truly Bless You!!!
Cally
Unread 12-16-2002, 11:28 PM

Christy:

Quote:
But I Really want to urge you ladies to TAKE IT EASY
Are you not listening to yourself??? I am hoping that you've been cleared to do this, that you are working limited hours, drinking enough water and eating well enough, taking your supplements, etc.

Christy, you've been through enough to re-write the textbook on hysterectomy complications. I do hope that you've returned to work this time with your doctor's blessing, and that you actually are following the mantra that you are repeating to the others.

I'm sure it feels good to be back at work, professionally, financially, and personally. After all, it's a real milestone, and a sign that you've progessed in your healing. But you of all people need to be kind to your body. You're going to be paying off the sleep, immune system, and cortisol debts for some time to come. Yes, you're doing better -- and I thank G-d for that, as I know you do -- but you're not done. Your body wants to and needs to heal.

Can you work part-time, or by tele-commuting for part of the time? I don't know about you, but I found my long commutes to work to be almost more stressful at the beginning than the work itself. Work out whatever you have to, but do your body the honor of realizing that it needs a break to recover from the multiple insults of the last few months.

...stepping off my soapbox now. What you've said to so many others? It's time, if ever I saw it, to listen to your advice -- and take it for yourself.

I'm so glad you're feeling better -- and I say these things to you in the hopes that your curve to health continues ever upward...

Audrey
Unread 12-17-2002, 10:00 AM

Audrey, I promise..............#1-my Dr. has given his blessing to come back to work-#2-I am taking it as easy as possible....I sit all day in front of this PC. No lifting, nothing like that. #3-I am going home and doing NOTHING, pretty much, when I get home. I let the kids help clean the house and DH do the cooking. I cooked the other night and it was all I could stand...by the time I had the meal ready, I wasn't hungry anymore because I was so tired from being on my feet. Ugh. I promise, I am being a good
If I had it my way, of course, I'd never ever work again....BUT, that is NOT a possibility...so I am here at work....and my boss knows that if I don't feel well, I'll go home and telecommute. The drive is very long, but it's not in bumper to bumper traffic, so I actually find it rather peaceful. Thank you for being such a wonderful sister!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register