help please... I'm desperate | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

help please... I'm desperate help please... I'm desperate

Unread 12-16-2002, 01:16 PM
help please... I'm desperate

I started on the bio identical combo of estradiol and progesterone three and a half weeks ago.
I thought I was doing OK but I find that I am NOT.
The past few days have been terrible. I know it's the progesterone, I never could take it before in pill form, and I tried to tell the woman that prescribed this to me, but she insisted the Natural stuff is so much different, it only makes you feel better.
I am so depressed I can't function, I have been crying for three days straight, haven't slept more than a couple of hours for a week, so last night no drops for me. I have to shake out of this before I do something really stupid, it is that bad. I am fighting with all my strength just to stay sane. How long after you quit using transdermal meds does it take to wash out of the system? I did have an appointment with a doc on Friday, and told her what I thought the problem might be, so she wrote me a script for estadiol .5 (I would die from hot flashing without some estrogen). Will the estrogen that I have built up in my system keep working with the oral form of estradiol?
I am sorry to unload on you all like this, but I am absolutely desperate for some answers. I can't function, I can't talk to anyone without bawling or blowing up. I just go to my room all night and day, and cry. If I see an end in sight I am sure it will much improve my outlook.
Thank you all so much for your help in the past, I really do appreciate it, and hope that in some small way with things I do know about (antidepressants mostly)I have given something back to this board.

Hugs to each of you,

Shazz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2002, 08:01 PM
support

Shazza,

I think you recently replied to me and gave me support and I can give some back to you.

You sound pretty desperate and I can hear your deep anguish . Not sleeping too is so stressful .

I can relate to these very hard to bear feelings.

I can say that my recent trips to the doctor gave me some hope of ever feeling better when I was feeling pretty hopeless. She says my depression and anxiety are completely hormonal and that she can fix the balance. She is working on that.

She alse gave me some nutritional supplements with SAM-E in it. SAM-E is a combination of 2 amino acids which are made in the body and very low in people with depression.

I slept better the first night on it. I know it is available in the states much more readily than here is australia.For me, I am going on the dosage that my doctor has recommended.

I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone and your hormonal balance can be sorted and you will feel better.

The above ideas are just my humble thoughts. Big hugs to you , love kerry
Unread 12-16-2002, 08:57 PM

Hi (((Shazz))) I hope I can give you a little hope here... a while back I was using progesterone and stopped using it, and within a few days most of it was out of my system. Hopefully the same will happen to you.

Yes, whatever estradiol is left in your system will keep working with the addition of the oral estradiol you're starting on now.

Everybody's body is different... while many women do fantastically well on progesterone, some do not. It's true that natural progesterone is very different from the progestins, but you could be one of those people who makes enough of her own natural progesterone and any that you add is excess. I know that when I got down to a low dose of estrogen, my body didn't like natural progesterone at all and I had to get off of it, even though it had helped me when I was on higher doses of estrogen.

It's a delicate balance, and sometimes you can swing back and forth for a while passing it by and not ever stop there.... I hope you are keeping a journal of what you're trying and how it makes you feel. That may help you zero in on what will work best for you.

Hang in there, sweetie, you can lean on us any time you want. You're not alone!
s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2002, 11:55 AM
Thank You

I am so grateful to have all of you. I was miserable yesterday, even to the point of suicidal, thinking how much easier it would be to just cease to exist. So I have told myself to take it one day at a time, and that each day my levels of progesterone will drop some. Thank You Surferbabe for telling me it goes quickly. I can see light at the end of the tunnel.
I am keeping a journal of what I am using and when. I know you have to keep the routine up for awhile to find what works and what doesn't. I have only been on the progesterone/estrogen combo for 3 1/2 weeks, but I know deep inside of me it is the progesterone that is messing me up so bad. It's either that or I am totally nuts, and hopeless. The doctor the other day did tell me I should go back on prozac... Thanks alot, It took me years to give it up, and once I did, I didn't feel any worse. So I passed on that idea to her disapproval. I still take an antidepressant, wellbutrin. I have been off of prozac for probably 5 months now, so I doubt that is the problem. I am sure it is a hormonal imbalance. Once I got through the prozac withdrawals I was fine. Then the surgery came and it has been downhill ever since, and every time I think it is getting better, the bottom drops out. I think I will try and keep my estradiol dose steady, use the testosterone on the 3x a week schedule. I think .5 is a pretty weak dose for oral estradiol. Hopefully the next few days will tell, as the progesterone leaves my body, this time for good. NOBODY will ever talk me into that again, and I am mad at myself for not refusing to try it. Maybe this testosterone will give me some kahunas, Not literally, but I am such a push over. Still have no libido, but that is the very least of my worries right now.
I did manage to make it into work today, so maybe I am improving already.
Thank You again,

Shazz
Unread 12-17-2002, 12:49 PM

Shazz,

My heart goes out to you. I have also had this exact same experience with natural or any type of progesterone. I just addded it again and felt horrible on 1 ml after just 4 days. It is definitely your hormones and just try to hang on to that thought. I even wrote it down on a piece of paper and keep it on the inside of my medicine cabinet. I need it to remind me that I'm not nuts, that it is my hormonal imbalance that makes me feel so bad.

I've also thought it would be better to not exist and have also just 5 months ago gone off prozac. I felt good for a few brief weeks and than wham. Just like you.

I'm here for you if you need anything. PM me or email me anytime. Hang in there, this site with sisters like Surferbabe is a lifeline.

Many s

Christina
Unread 12-17-2002, 05:50 PM

Hi, i often get feeling desperate with my ert also. It doesn't always work the way I want it too. One thing that I have learned though is that every time I try to add natural progesterone to the regime I end up feeling worse, like you. i truly do believe that it helps some people but then there are those of us that just don't do well on it at all! It ususlly takes 3 days or so for me to come out of the depression feeling. once it took me a week but I had used a larger dose. My heart goes out to you cause none of this is easy, good luck!

Shellynn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register