Neutropenia Update | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Neutropenia Update Neutropenia Update

Unread 12-17-2002, 01:20 PM
Neutropenia Update

Good News. My Neutrophil count went up to 2700 ( was 660) so I was able to have Chemo #4 yesterday. Only 2 more to go.

I did find out that I can't work anymore until Chemo is over. I am a head nurse at an extended care facility. Many of my residents have had the flu and with my fluctuatine neut count the HR director wants to keep me safe. So I have to use short term disability for awhile. I miss work but know that this too will pass.

I just love the songs from all you creative people. Thanks so much. I am printing them of to show to my Onc Nurses. They need to know what a talented group of sister supporters we have.

Happy Holidays

:hiya:

Ruth S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2002, 01:32 PM
Good News on Neutrophils.

I agree, you'd be at risk with low neutrophils where you work. And congratulations on that 2700! Mine once rose from 1200 to 2700 in a couple weeks--still got reduced chemo at 1200 and it just went up. And with four down--you're in the HOME STRETCH!
Unread 12-17-2002, 01:48 PM
Neutropenia Update

Hi Ruth..
Us workaholics need to stick together. I know how you feel, I worked all through my chemo treatments, and I teach in a nursery school... Another very germy place!! However, you do not want to get sick and not be able to get the treatments. So... relax and enjoy the holidays and the new year. By the time you actually enjoy staying home, it will be time to go back to work!!
Think happy thoughts.
Rosalie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2002, 02:44 PM
Neutropenia Update

s Ruth

Glad to see the neutrophils were up and chemo went off without a hitch.
Enjoy your unexpected break from work!!! You'll be amazed how quickly the days will pass. I enjoyed my break from nursing. And when I did return, I only did so on a parttime basis. Perfect balance for me.

karenann
Unread 12-17-2002, 04:15 PM
Neutropenia Update

Great news ((((Ruth)))))
So glad your numbers were up so that chemo could be a go!!
You are on the home stretch now! Soon this will all be behind you, and you can get back to your routine! I agree with Karen, enjoy the break from work. Sounds like your job is very busy, and you nurses work very very hard, so take some time for you!!
Holiday Hugs!!
Maria
Unread 12-17-2002, 09:02 PM
Neutropenia Update

{{Ruth}}

I'm so glad your counts were back up enough to get your treatment. Only two more left!!! Woo hoo!!!

I hope you'll spend some good R & R time while finishing it up. I bet it will go by pretty quickly and it'll be time to head back to work.

Many {{hugs}} and prayers your way!!!

{{hugs}}

Vicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register