Anybody Miss me??? Castle date 12/4 Plz read my story & "Warning".... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anybody Miss me??? Castle date 12/4 Plz read my story & "Warning".... Anybody Miss me??? Castle date 12/4 Plz read my story & "Warning"....

Unread 12-17-2002, 04:07 PM
Anybody Miss me??? Castle date 12/4 Plz read my story & "Warning"....

Hello Sister- Girls!

I'm back!

I looked for the post from some of my 12/4 castle buddies sniff sniff... I couldn't find you guy's............ I pray all is well

I'm back and feeling much better.. My 12/4 surgery went about 3 hours and was uneventful until it was time for my release. Beware of Doc's that surrender their patients to an "on schedule release date"!

I was sent home on the 6th by lunch and was back in the ER within a day and a half. Even though my nurse said that she would not release me due to a constiction in my right lung. My Dr. by phone, did.

I was caught up in a mayhem of Dr's with everything from Pnemonia or a blood clot in the lung, too congestive heart failure. Because it was sooo difficult to tell and time was critical, they treated me for all three conditions, only to find out a few days later that it was indeed due to heart failure.

Sisters beware! Those of you who have high blood pressure, even bp that is controlled, speak with your Dr' before your surgery and find out the plan for Anest. and fliuds giving during your surgery and recovery.

Because of my having ( controlled) BP my heart couldn't handle the amount of fluids giving with a general anest. My overhelmed heart begin to dump the extra fluids into my lungs. I should have be giving a Dierectic (sp) instead. This caused me to cough and made breathing difficult.

By the time I arrived home during my first release. I could not lie down, I coughed continously and not to mention my inicision, gas pains ect... I was in soooo much pain. All I could do was cry.

(After all, they told me to go home and cough ) I still thought this was all normal.

It wasn't and the ER Dr was amazed at my CT and xray both my lungs were covered in a mass.. They did'nt know what to think.

A blod clot meant that I could die and an Echo could show damaged to my heart. But thank God to whom my life belongs all was well and once healed would have no lasting effect of the surgery.

I spent another 5 days in the Castle and was released with a ton full of med's.

I am sooo thankful for all the support I recieved from my family and friends. This was a major surgery, and it has risk involved! Ask questions and surround yourselves with those you love.....

Life is soooooo precious is all I'm trying to say.

I was sooo happy to see the blue sky again... I made it out and I was going home to be with the ones I love!

Just incase some one missed me here, Smile! I just had to tell you my story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2002, 04:55 PM
glad you are better

I have to admit your story has absolutely petrified me but I appreciate that you had to tell it. I have an out of control fear of anesthesia. I don't fear pain or any of the other nasty bits about surgery or being in a hospital but I really am afraid of your kind of story. It makes me want to I am happy you sought help when you did. Best wishes on a smooth recovery. (You've given me lots to ask my doctor about).
Unread 12-17-2002, 05:26 PM

Geeze!

You have scared the living daylights out of me!

However, you have given me something to be aware of and I appreciate that.

I will be sure to speak with my doctor and anesthisiologist (sp?) about this.

Glad you are finally on the mend.

CB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2002, 05:29 PM
xoxo

I can't imagine going through what you have! So glad that you are home now recouping and shining as a

Have you read some of the castle stories? They are horrifying. I am having a realtively easy recovery, but it is still hard and disconcerting--I can't imagine what it would be like with complications!

Take care,
Jen
Unread 12-18-2002, 03:10 AM

Hi Cesa and welcome to Post-Op!

I'm so sorry that you experienced these problems. I'm sure it was quite frightening for you and your loved ones.

It brings up the point of how important it is to make sure that your surgeon, anesthesiologist and any other health care professional that will be taking care of you be aware of health problems that you have. This includes any medications that we are taking, both prescription and over the counter.

I'm glad that you are home now and on the road to recovery. Lots of and pampering of the are in order!

Best wishes to you and many s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register