More CIN III/CIS questions - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

More CIN III/CIS questions More CIN III/CIS questions

Unread 12-23-2002, 12:01 PM
Thanks ladies :-)

again everyone!

Thanks Jeanine, Chicklet...and all of the others who have tried so tirelessly to answer my neverending questions.
I feel a little more comfy with my gyn's decision to do the LEEP without knowing exactly what we're dealing with, because, as you all said, it's a diagnostic test as well as a form of treatment. I guess I will just discuss all of this with him when I go for my pre-op appointment and pray for clear margins.

On another board, I have been chatting with a cytotech (she reads paps for a living and knows a whole lot about all of this mess). Anyway, she said, like all of you, that "nothing else can be gained now from doing an ECC, because he already knows endocervical cells are involved." She also said that endocervical cells as well as squamous cells would be removed during the LEEP, and that would give him all the information he will need. Better, really, than doing the ECC, because at the same time, we're doing something that will treat it...hopefully with clear margins. (there I go again with those run-on sentences...LOL)

I guess the big thing in my mind is the fact that I do not want to be butchered on from now on. Over and over again. I see lots of different places where ladies with CIN III and/or CIS have a reoccurance. I'm not saying I'm being negative and only looking at this from the perspective that the LEEP will fail, but I'm the kind of person who likes to be prepared for the worst, if the worst occurs. If this LEEP does not work, then I think I will think more seriously about the hysterectomy. Like I said....I do not want to be on the scootching butcher block from now on.

You ladies are great and I hope your holidays are the best yet!

s to all....

Paula
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2002, 01:50 PM
More news....after the pre-op visit...

to all of you WONDERFUL ladies!

I got to ask my gyn EVERY question I had on my mind this past Friday when I went in for pre-op. We sat down and talked for over an hour and I am satisfied.

He said that he didn't do the ECC during the colpo because of "scrape off" he would get from the lesion doing the ECC at the same time. That it almost couldn't be helped getting some of the squamous cells in the sample along with the ECC sample, which would only further muddy the pathology waters.

He did say after the LEEP, if there are no clear margins, then he will do the ECC at the 3 month check-up, and if he got abnormalities then, he would preceed with the LEEP CONE. If there were no clear margins with that, then he would suggest a hyster.

I am one who likes to know, worse case scenario, what it is I COULD be facing. If I can prepare myself for that, then anything else is a walk in the park. Sound crazy?

So, tomorrow is the big day! LEEP day, instead of leap year...LOL I am nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof. So terrified...of what, I don't know, but terrified just the same. Thanks for all of your support. You gals are a Godsend.

s to all!
Paula
Unread 12-29-2002, 03:36 PM
More CIN III/CIS questions

(((Paula)))

I'm happy that you got to have a good talk with your dr and feel satisfied about it. I understand your anxiety and will be thinking of you tomorrow. Sending lots of "good luck" wishes and some 's. ..... for me, it was never as bad as I imagined it would be.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2002, 03:40 PM

(((Paula)))

Good luck with your LEEP tomorrow! I hope it comes back showing clear margins and then all of this will be over for you (except for your regular ongoing visits to the gyn to monitor this). Please let us know how it goes for you!

Unread 12-29-2002, 07:27 PM

Hi....I have learned from all you wonderful ladies the importance of requesting your lab reports to read yourself. I can't stress enough the importance of having this information to read and research ourselves. It makes me feel much more in control if I can understand my diagnosis. Jill Sue

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register