waiting for results | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

waiting for results waiting for results

Unread 12-21-2002, 08:48 AM
waiting for results

I recently had an abnormal pap (adenocarcinoma) then followed up with a colposcopy. 10 days later I got the results,CIN III/ CIS. OBGYN said this was a better reading than the pap. Yesterday I went for my cone biopsy and D&C. I am shocked at how well I feel after that, no cramping and very minor bleeding.

Now I am wondering how long it takes for the results. Dr said approx 2 weeks. That seems like a long time to me. (I guess I shouldn't complain, I waited 3 years to have my routine pap.)
Can anyone tell me approx. how long it took for your results?

I am 35 and have 2 kids. I plan to be aggressive and have a TAH/BSO in six weeks. I don't want to take any chances with this. I also plan to meet with a gyn/onco to see if I should be checking any other areas. Any suggestions as to colonoscopy, xrays,blood work or am I jumping too far ahead with all of that?

By the way, GREAT WEBSITE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2002, 09:00 AM
waiting for results

Kathy!

Welcome to Cancer Concerns ! Wow! It sounds like you already have a game plan! I wholeheartedly agree with your plan to see a gyn/onc. They are the experts, so it only makes sense to check with one.

Two weeks is pretty standard. Especially at this time of year when so many people are trying to get a couple of days off. It seems like a long time, and the waiting is tough, but hopefully the time will pass quickly for you.

Is there any particular reason you are planning to have your ovaries removed? I was able to keep my healthy ovaries and I'm so glad that I didn't need to worry about the hormone thing at the same time everything else was going on. Unfortunately, I do have a cyst right now, which is kind of aggravating, but I still wouldn't trade the two years I had with my own hormones.

Depending on your biopsy results, your gyn/onc will make recommendations for any additional testing you should consider.

Good luck, Kathy! I hope all goes well, that the biopsy from the cone shows now more than CIS, and that you continue to feel great in the days ahead. I will look forward to seeing more updates from you in the future!

Unread 12-21-2002, 10:12 AM
waiting for results

Hi Kathy,

I think it was about 2 weeks before I got my results back also. I know how hard that waiting is ((hug)). I was post menopausal and on ERT at the the time of my hyst, so there wasn't much discussion about the issue.

Wishing you the best of luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2002, 11:58 AM
waiting for results

s Kathy

I'm so glad you decided to post. Welcome. Looks like you've made some friends already!! And I'm relieved you've decided to see a gyn onc doc.
If you're looking for anyone in the Philadelphia area, let me know. I could make three suggestions for you at Jefferson, Fox Chase, or U of P.
Waiting is the hardest part. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

karenann
Unread 12-21-2002, 12:12 PM
waiting for results

Jeannie,
Thanks for your reply. My decision to remove ovaries is extreme I am sure, but my fear of future cancer and future surgeries seems to outweigh my fears of hormone issues. I sometimes think I have a little hypochondriac in me just dying to get out. I know that any ache or pain in that area would freak me out. The same reason I am having a hyster instead of just seeing if the cone removed it all.
I also knew someone years ago who chose a very passive course of treatment and died at a youg age. Since then I think aggressively about cancer treatment.
I understand and appreciate your concern and decision on keeping your ovaries and I hope I don't regret it later.
I am thinking about asking the Dr if he can check my hormone levels prior to surgery to give us a baseline to work with after. Does this make sense?

Karenann,
Thank you for your input earlier and yes you helped me to decide on a second opinion. Although I am really happy with my OBGYN and may have him do the hyster if both Drs. agree about my course of action.
I would definately appreciate some recomendations in the Philly area. Word of mouth is always the best referral.

Thank You.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register