adenocarcinoma | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

adenocarcinoma adenocarcinoma

Unread 12-22-2002, 08:15 AM
adenocarcinoma

hello
i have posted on the other boards post and pre op but never on this board i dont know why ...in sept i was diagnosed with impacted carcinoma in the cervixand mild to moderate dysplasia in all four quadernts of my uterus...on oct 23 i had a TVH....

i have a doc apointment for new years eve...its been 10 weeks since the TVH

i have extreme nausea....head and neck pain and no energy...im getting a little scared dont know if cancer is back or not was wondering if anyone else has experianced this ...doc also put me on esterdoil i still have my overies... im scared to tell ya the truth im so sick this cant be right...nausea was here before i was diagnosed was one of the symptoms now with the nausea back im kinda well worried....

thank you
Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2002, 09:58 AM
adenocarcinoma

Hi Debbie,

I share your name, but don't have your type of cancer. Mine is squamos cell, but I sure understand your fear. What did the doctor tell you after the surgery and what was the patholgy report after your surgery? How long have you had the nauseaousness? Are you on any medication that could cause it. It may be completely unrelated to the cancer? Have the recomended chemo or radiation? Fear an not knowing is the hardest part and you don't want the fear to ruin your holidays. Maybe you could call your doctor and discuss your case over the phone. I hope he can reassure you. Please keep posting. You will find much support here.
Unread 12-22-2002, 12:24 PM
adenocarcinoma

s Debbie

Welcome to Cancer Concerns. We're glad you decided to post here.
I agree with Debbie. Why wait until the 31st? Give that doctor a call tomorrow. You could be worried all about nothing. Perhaps a hormonal imbalance is causing the nausea. At any rate, not knowing is the pits.
Please let us know how you make out.
In the meantime, I'm sure someone will post who shares your diagnosis with more advice.

karenann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2002, 05:22 PM
adenocarcinoma

Hi,
I had cervical adenocarcinoma a year ago. I have several questions for you. Why are you taking estrogen when you still have ovaries? Are you in menopause? Were you taking the estrogen before? From what I've read on the hormone jungle board, hormones can make you feel really sick. What stage was your cancer? Are you under the care of a gyn oncologist. I agree that you should not wait to see a doctor if you don't feel well.

Try not to panic. :confuse: You have been through a lot emotionally and physically. People heal in different ways. It is possible that you just might have something as simple as an infection or might be having a bad reaction to the hormones. Feel free to email me.
Unread 12-22-2002, 06:17 PM
thank you

well i will do my best to fill you all in here ...i will call doc tommarow !!! thank you all for replying ...i will try to keep this short...

went to docs bleeding after intercourse..test results in got the call....NEVER GOOD to get the call from the doctor NEVER..hehe
bad pap ..dysplasia and HPV need biopsy...then had a colposcopy..OUCHIE took alot of snips...and scrapped the inside of the cervix..came back abnormal cells higher up in the cervix impacted carcinoma..next step...cone biopsy D and C ..and he did a hystoscopy...tumor removed with the cone...mild to moderate non evasive dysplasia in all 4 quadernts of the uterus, and Adenomyosis...next step hysterectomy...not a radical came close ..doc said tuff call had a TVH on oct 23rd...path report came back all clear got it all ..havnt seen the oncoligyst yet gyno said that is the next step if this comes back he belives it will not ..after the hyst on week 4 overies woke UP lord have mercy felt as if i was loosing my mind called doc(was that or the rubber room)
he said hormon levels said peri menopose put me on esterdoil..now im in pain still have been since before surgery..the nausea is un bearable and well going potty ...lets just say twice i had to make hubby speed to get home i cannot hold food down.
i have lost almost 35 lbs in 9 wks!! and i have pain lots of pain legs are swollen..migrans are bad..lower back pain i have a constant funny taste in my mouth..and i lump feeling below my rib cage i dont know how else to discribe it...calling doc for sure on monday!!! what do you think i should do think its time to demand a oncoligyst? you ladies have been great thank you glad i posted here
happy holidays!!!
Debbie
Unread 12-23-2002, 08:38 AM
adenocarcinoma

Hi Debbie,

Sorry to hear that you are having so much discomfort! Right now I'm sending positive thoughts your way, I hope you will be feeling much better very soon! It sounds like you are a bit worried at the moment, so I would definitely suggest asking for a referral to a gyn oncologist. If nothing else, it might set your mind at ease that you are seeing someone who is specially trained for the very thing that you are dealing with right now! Best of luck to you and Happy Holidays.

Chicklet
Unread 12-23-2002, 07:53 PM
adenocarcinoma

You should be followed by a gyn/oncologist from now on. I had my regular gyn do the surgery but am now being followed by a gyn/oncologist. You should not be feeling so poorly. Please find the right doctor and get relief as soon as possible!! I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling so badly!
Unread 12-24-2002, 11:57 AM
adenocarcinoma

Hi Debbie:

My goodness, you've certainly got a lot going on! I can tell you that although I haven't had my hyster yet (TVH sched for Jan 8 for endocervical adenocarcinoma insitu)...I do have some of your symptoms & have had them for some time...even before my dx! The unbearable leg aches, even some numbness in my left leg & foot, severe headaches (mine mostly sinus tho), HPV & HSV...it can be very difficult to get a handle on all this but you can & will. The lump your feeling under your rib cage is most likely your zyphoid process (the tip of your sternum) ask your doctor to take a looksy...anyone who is thin or someone who has recently lost so much weight (as in your case), makes this much more pronounced & it can pop out & back in again when you sit in a bent over position, this can be painful & scary if you don't know what it is! Obviously, you will have your doctor check it out cause I'm not qualified to confirm that's what it is...both my sister & I have exactly the same thing you described which is why I know it's a good possibility in your case as well...

This can all be so stressful that you need to speak with your doc ASAP so he can ease your fears. It's so hard to heal properly when your in so much pain & completely stressed! The stress will make you even more sick...I'm the same way when I get stressed out, I can't eat or keep food down & start losing too much weight! So, if you haven't already, make up a nice long list of questions for your doc to answer...researching this site, learning from all the other ladies experiences & making up my list was very therapeutic & calming for me! I hope it will be for you too...keep us all updated on your progress & I hope your feeling better soon! Try to have a wonderful holiday & sorry this is so long.

janilyn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register